I have had a very strange problem with a particular pdf file which previously printed out normally when sent to digital copier, but when I make text changes to the same file in Xara X and then convert it back to pdf through Xara, the text prints out certain letters while others come out with black rectangles covering the text. However, this problem seems to be copier/digital printer specific. in that it will print out ok to most copiers but not to CANON IRA C9065 PRO and certain higher end Canon digital copiers. In the case I am referring to, I imported a pdf file into Xara made changes to the existing text which used the "oswald" font and the saved it as a pdf which had these printout issues. I tried again changing the font to "archivo" but had similar results. All the graphix files (lpg) printed out ok though. I then converted the type to editable shapes but had the same results with the blacked out text. I had also added some text in some vacant white space in Times Roman which printed out fine.

I am not saying that this is a bug in Xara as it is possible the file contained corrupted fonts, or there were problems in the conversion back to pdf. I have never had that problem before and would love to know what possibly could have caused it.