Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Digitizing Software

Hello all, I am very new to this and just wanted to see what y'all would recommend. I just recently purchased a Dahao BECS-285A Embroidery machine to have a few things and logos embroidered. I searched around on how to convert an image to a .dst file but couldn't figure out what a good program was to do so. So I am now reaching out to the forums, I look forward to hearing your advice.

Default Re: Digitizing Software

Hi and welcome.

I'm almost certain that no Xara apps export out specifically in that format. Does the machine come with its own software? Maybe take a look to see what other type of graphics files it can import. It's quite easy to get images and photos into Xara to then export back out in various other formats, but bitmaps remain bitmaps. It does have a bitmap tracer function to convert bitmap images into vectors, but it's not very good. If that's something you need to do, then the free software 'Inkscape' comes with a very effective bitmap tracer/converter. Good luck with your quest and new machine.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Digitizing Software

Actually I just checked and Xara does not export to .dst

But there are utilities, some free, that can convert to this format https://duckduckgo.com/?q=convert+to...&t=ffsb&ia=web