Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 360 product view?

Hello,

I was hoping someone would be able to advise me of the best way to create one of those 360 degree scrollable images of a product to place on my website? I have Xara Web Designer Premium, and ideally don't want to have to spend money on new software. Is there any software that can do this sort of thing for free which will be compatible with xara/uploading to the web? At first I thought this would be achievable using the create panorama tool in Xara Photo and Graphic Designer (the free trial of it) but then realised that I would only be scrolling the background, not scrolling around my product like I want.

If you have any advise or thoughts on this I would be grateful - and I am fairly new to web design to feel free to dumb answers down to idiot level!

Cheers

Default Re: 360 product view?

Panorama Studio which has to be downloaded from the Help menu, can do 360 views I think. And I bet there are smart phone apps available that can do this.

Panarama studio is a 2D app I think ... The OP appears to want a 3D rotation... Like adobe premiere, neither free nor cheap

there probably are a handfull of programs that are free that could produce an animated gif, but none I would be prepared to recommend

Well you might try creating a series or photos rotating the object maybe 20 degrees each time and then try stitching them together.

Some kind of turntable device with tick marks for each rotation.

I did a quick search in the iPhone App Store and it looks like there are quite a few 360 apps. I am not sure if any of these would work for what you want but most Apple apps are free or only a few dollars so it might be a place to start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6283.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	119890  

Here's a good DIY solution if you have a volume of these to do.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

oh I like that egg: - I would not trust myself to shoot video live, but if you can, yet another good use for bulldog [fold-back] clips I'd never thought of

Ok this got my curiosity up. I did a little research and there are a couple different options.

Like Gary posted above, there are apps for this but from what I see your files are hosted on the Apps website and you have to pay for this hosting. You would use a placeholder to display you files.

I cam across another program http://3dbin.com/ that only cost a $1. You would upload your photos and the program would stitch them together. They have on there web site how to shoot the photos but the video the Egg linked to goes into better detail. Still hosted on there site.

The other option is to use a Jquery plugin. Here is one that looks like it could be implement in Xara. http://www.360slider.com/responsive.html# there are other plugins out there, this one just looked easier to implement to me. Only question that I have is for multiple products how would you implement, I am not sure.

There has been a few examples on talkgraphics about using Jquery plugins that could give you some pointers. I believe Acorn and Siran have posted various code examples and they maybe able to help with problems.

Hope this helps.

Ray

I could do it in multiplane 3D space in toon boom Harmony given the correct images.. I'm no photographer, which doesn't really matter most of the time, but wouldn't these have to be reasonably precise?
    Last edited by handrawn; 23 January 2018 at 06:36 PM. Reason: unlike my spelling rarely precise

Thank you all for your responses - I've done a quick test using egg's method of taking multiple pictures and used webrotate360 to stitch them together. I think this should be good enough for what I need (fingers crossed) but I just want to check if I can upload it to my page okay and that everything works before I spend hours taking lots of photos of all my products.

This brings me to my next question of how do I actually get this thing uploaded? I have html code which I placed in the placeholder, but I don't understand how to tell xara where the actual pictures are stored and get it to upload them too. I've only ever inserted pictures directly onto a page so never had to try and tell it to upload something else if that makes sense.

I do also have the option to upload it as an iframe, again I've never done anything like this, so would this be any better/worse than using the html?

We are making progress here.

My guess is the actual file might be quite big and take some time to load. I wonder if it would be better to upload the file(s) to Vimeo or YouTube then use a placeholder with the embed code.

To do this, create a rectangle the same size as the dimensions in the embed code. With the rectangle selected, open the Web Properties > Placeholder menu, click HTML Code (Body) and paste the embed code into the text box. Click OK then click Apply.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	embed.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	119894