Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New From Content Catalog won't load. Javascript error given as reason

Hi All,

I can't seem to find this either here or in the online troubleshooter guides, so here goes. I have just downloaded Xara Web Designer Premium. When I try to get content from the "New from Content Catalog" the catalog will not load. Instead I get a Javasript error

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraerror03.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	119886

I tried all the suggested options of closing firewalls, turning off anti-virus checkers, and making sure I'm not running on a proxy server. None of that helps. But then I didn't expect it to, as Javascript errors generally reflect bad coding on the part of the programmers, not a problem with obstructions being in the way from the computer itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Eric

Default Re: New From Content Catalog won't load. Javascript error given as reason

Try right clicking on the Launch icon & select "Run as Administrator".

Welcome to TalkGraphics
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: New From Content Catalog won't load. Javascript error given as reason

Hi All,

I ran it as the administrator and that didn't help. Turns out that since I hate Internet Explorer, I hadn't updated it for years. Xara runs their link to their product through Internet Explorer. By updating that program, it allowed Xara to display the templates. For anyone having similar issues in the future, make sure IE is up to date, and then try all the other voodoo if that doesn't do the trick.

Glad you sorted it Chubstuff.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Not updating IE is a security risk, whether you use it or not, for just this sort of reason.. lots of programs use it in the background