Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Magix Webdesigner Premium

That's some service Gary, two minutes apart! Snap!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Can't access / /index.htm or /index.html on cruise-trips.nl

Yes, if I try that link (in FF or Chrome) it asks do I want to open or save? Very odd. It appears to be a .php file ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello Gary, I had to dinner and a walk to remove some unneeded energy. So ..... I was too late to see. (the forum sends no messages ). But I take your words about the display, about what your eyes did see.

Hello Egg, I've seen - in a subdir (!) - a working website as I could see in the preview.
    [A] Splendid result.
    [B] But ....... I have a problem now because on my site it didn't work. And at your site is works very well. In between : HOW ?????????????

I have seen no difference between uploading by Webdesigner. So I take Filezilla and transfer all html files and the 'index_html'_files to the root. That's it. (+ sitemap + robots.txt)
    Without these files, it's an empty domain.

And yes, tried in Firefox and IE.

Talking about html Egg ........... your version shows all files with .htm_ and that was the penultimate version !! ?? Obviously publishing is not automaticly saving the .web file. It seems a sort of logic, that the current .html will be ok on your webiste.

The current version on my website = .htmL So ?????????????

Hello Siran,

You saved me from a nervous breakdown. You see what I see : at least, do you see what ? no file or an error ?

In common : there has to be a difference between what I saved in the .WEB file and was exported as "FILES/export website to disk" .
    In my point of view the only difference is file export goes to my local hard disk , and publishing website is transfer to remote server.

what is wisdom now ?

How much seconds do I have to read and write ? The forum let me out.

Yes, if I try that link (in FF or Chrome) it asks do I want to open or save? Very odd. It appears to be a .php file ???

No Egg, no php. It seems to be like a .txt file.

That's what I continuesly see during a lot of days.

I think you need to supply us with the url link to your site. The one Siran used definitively looks for a php file.
    Egg

The site seems to be up now. Previously there was an error, something like you don't have permission to access the file /index.html.
    The Home button shows "index.html" but everything else looks correct to me now.

Hello Egg / Siran,

It's MAGIC instead of Magix for me . In a negative view. ;-)

I've put the files to another server/domain : http://vakantie-item.nl/home.htm and look at that : it works. Just like yesterday evening ( late ).

Surprise.

OK, let's see, and yes with the same files transported : http://cruise-trips.nl/home.htm : it works. That was enough for one day. Go to sleep.

Today, on vakantie-item, it still works.

Now on cruise-trips » first from the .web start webdesigner en export web to local disk, and from there ftp to remote site.
    Hit the enter on the url and see what happens : ( there is no htacces ) the same as yesterday earlier ....... text in display ..... rubbish.

OK, nevermind, be positive ............... copied all from vakantie-item to cruise-trips, and try again .....

I give up. It won't succeed ....... again rubbish.

It's a bit strange : in IE the home page is working ( home.htm ) , in FF rubbish, but all other pages are working, see
    http://cruise-trips.nl/cruise-schepen.htm

Nevertheless FF reports the correct url.
    ?????????????????

You have named the first page home, there is no index page at the moment.
    The page http://cruise-trips.nl/home.htm correctly displays in firefox as far as I can tell.