Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Magix Webdesigner Premium

Hi Siran,

Hovering over that startfile shows indeed : cruise-trips.nl/home.htm and that is what it should do. Because there is no file index htm|html anymore.
    Just like : vakantie-item.nl/home.htm

(just in case webdesign is gonna work, a htaccess get's the directive to the home file)

What I get, if I use cruise-trips.nl/home.htm » the text from the source file from local disk.
    And because Webdesigner does not shows the same on normal view - tablet 640 view - mobile view in one run, all words were displayed in a multi lingual soup.

I filled all three with the same content now, to see if it will behave.
    But I am really affraid, if Webdesigner will succeed. Very disappointed.

Do you have any hint for me, to delete the links in this thread ? I can only edit the last few items, not the earlier.

Dutchie,

The page filename & the page name can be different. I tend to stick to index but perhaps name it home, so for example you can have a page filename = contact-us & the page name = Contact Us. The page name is what appears in the browsers url.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dutchie-wp.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	119892  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I filled all three with the same content now, to see if it will behave.
    But I am really afraid, if Web-designer will succeed. Very disappointed.
    I don't use templates apart from perhaps 'stealing' text & color styles etc. so I can't really comment on what's gone wrong with your website. Basically you appear to have broken a lot of shared variant linking. For example dragging and dropping a cruise ship image onto the desktop header (the one with the snowy mountains) should change all variants. Text content should change across variants in the same manner.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

First and foremost: in most cases I use Google translation, sometimes per sentence. Long translations usually do not work well, sometimes short not. Phrase construction in particular is quite different in English and Dutch. I have a problem in language.

Then you have a Webdesigner Premium from Magix, is immediately delivered in Dutch. (not completely beating everywhere)
    Purchased in 2016, extended in 2017 and only recently taken into use because Wordpress is too interesting for hackers. And because websites in PHP are too complicated for me since PHP7.

Wanted to register with Magix Online World last week, and despite the 2 payments they do not know me anymore.
    Contactform/mail sent, they do not respond.

A week of fiddling with Magix Webdesigner, does not work.

Indeed, as you say, I expect all 3 versions to be updated in one go. Text not, pictures not, navigation not.

Tired of Magix.

By contrast, I have been using Photo & Graphic Designer for 10 years as a successor to Corel Suite. Fine software though I am not an "artist" but I edit a lot of photos for websites.

But would it help to completely uninstall and reinstall Webdesigner?

And for the record : I changed the first page file name to index.htm, and kept the page title to home.
    Uploaded with Filezilla to both.... cruise-trips.nl and vakantie-item.nl . Same files !

Result :

cruise-trips.nl » home = index.htm » still rubbish

vakantie-item.nl » home = index.htm » still working perfectly.

Both work fine, without problems (See screen grab) Try Ctrl+F5 to force a new download.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg-export.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	119896  
    Egg

Same as Egg tells. Everything seems to display correctly and identical on both sites. Except the Europacruises page, which looks completely different on the smaller variants and where the embedded videos seem to be displaced.

I had another idea.
    As you repeatedly wrote the files were identical on both servers and display correctly on one and incorrectly on the other, which to me means that it hardly can be a problem of the Xara software, the problem might be either a difference in server settings or a browser problem.
    You mention IE displayed correctly while Firefox didn't in post 19, maybe some addon is causing the problem?
    Or maybe the server reports wrong mime-types, but that wouldn't explain why Egg and I don't have the same problem.

Egg,
    Indeed, but then I had to add text in mobile and restore the navigation in mobile and tablet 640.

And so it starts all over again: to find all pages except home / index ...................

Siran : quote " it hardly can be a problem of the Xara software" » Webdesigner stated to be browser independent,

because "so it starts again" regards Firefox at this moment, and shows correctly in IE.

There is a big difference between IE and all other browsers from the very past.

Firefox is popular in this house, just because of the many handy addons. Nevertheless, Firefox makes so much updates, almost at the level of Wordpress, that 80% of the addons are incompatible now (..).

Together they have a large share in the browser market. So I want in both the same result, as web designer promises.

And looking into the menu : all OK . Looking in the bottomline of the browser : ok.
    Still Firefox can't find .......... » possibly the index.htm, but not the necessary files like css and js. And that is ....

I don't really understand what you mean. The site looks exactly the same in IE9 and Firefox 52, 57 and 58. Even the displacement of the embedded videos on the mobile variant is the same in IE.
    Did a quick check. Same in Opera and Chrome.
    There is no difference (obvious to me) in the browsers displays.