Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are you happy with WDP15...

...or would you rather have stayed with WDP12?
    Reasons why or why not?

Default Re: Are you happy with WDP15...

Well, I didn't install XDP15 in the first place because almost nothing was added and I would have to customize all my control bars all over again. In addition, a lot of people here reported issues with this update.

However, you can run both versions side by side, so there shouldn't be any big problems (as far as I know).

Correct, both versions can be installed and run at the same time.

There are some issues (being resolved) with stretching text and bitmaps, so I have been using v12.

Best new feature is Auto Fit, which resizes the content of a page to fit another size http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/auto-fit/ I think there is a lot of potential for this new feature.

I republished a 50-page site yesterday with V15 and to be honest it worked very well and subjectively a tad faster than V12.

I have directed some of my V15 concerns into Dear Xara... Posts.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I had some problems with PDF's in version 12, they seem to be fixed in 15.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I republished a 50-page site yesterday with V15 and to be honest it worked very well and subjectively a tad faster than V12.

I have directed some of my V15 concerns into Dear Xara... Posts.

Acorn
    +1 on the faster - especially when loading the program. I have not found any issues yet, but I don't use much of the available feature set.

No . . . . . no, no, no, no, no. When I jumped ship last year I should have stayed overboard, and kept my money in my pocket. I have had so many issues with WDP15, from mobile sites not displaying and from the jolly thing crashing all the time. One feature that I really miss from WDP12 is Position on Page. I use this all the time - literally - ALL the time. What has replaced that in WDP15? Anyway, I have returned to WDP12 and just have to accept I was too hasty to upgrade.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Quote Originally Posted by Abikadabra View Post
    No . . . . . no, no, no, no, no. When I jumped ship last year I should have stayed overboard, and kept my money in my pocket. I have had so many issues with WDP15, from mobile sites not displaying and from the jolly thing crashing all the time. One feature that I really miss from WDP12 is Position on Page. I use this all the time - literally - ALL the time. What has replaced that in WDP15? Anyway, I have returned to WDP12 and just have to accept I was too hasty to upgrade.
    Auto-fit to page give you all Position on page did but you have so many more options to consider.
    You need to read http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/auto-fit/.

If only the % position X & Y options were dynamic to the viewport after publishing... ...ah well!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the feedback - reckon I'l stay with v12 until v16 is released

Finished client work on v15 and everyone is happy.