Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Search for offline local designs gallery

So I can not find a search option for the offline local designs gallery. Why is that? Did Xara wanted to make our lives more difficult?

Default Re: Search for offline local designs gallery

Yes!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

no, they want to make money by ensuring you always keep the program up to date.. no wait, they are altruistically forcing you to always be up to date day by day, by always being online...

or, like squishing text/images they fail to see the point without concrete examples to 'back up' what should be plain common sense...

or,.... t's just too difficult to do in the code....

your choice....

Sadly, Xara (Kate Moir) stated the built-in Search function never worked properly and was removed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

which sounds like 'too difficult in the code' ....

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sadly, Xara (Kate Moir) stated the built-in Search function never worked properly and was removed.

Acorn
    Worked better than nothing...even if it couldn't have a proper fix.

half a loaf and all that.. but post-squish we need to be 'constructive', so xara probably need examples and case histories to back up requests like this.... I am so glad I understand the meaning of 'making yourself a hostage to fortune'... I'd rather not bother with all this in the first place

I think I bashed my gums on this as far back as two years ago when the application search was removed without ceremony: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-is-consistent is my belief of Xara's direction and the reasons why.

I would welcome constructive examples on what the On-line Content Catalogue search capability's limitation are with a possible counterpoint back to the original application Search utility.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat