Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Lines and shapes not printing

Shouldn't need to print to pdf if it exports fine to pdf as it did for the thread starter.

The file prints fine here directly. But I nearly never print direct anyway. I (nearly) always export to pdf, review said pdf, and if it is OK, print the pdf.

that was just to check the printer function mike, for WSNetwork... moved on a bit from the OP

WSNetwork does not seem to be able to print propeller shape [line profile] - post #11

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    that was just to check the printer function mike, for WSNetwork... moved on a bit from the OP

WSNetwork does not seem to be able to print propeller shape [line profile] - post #11
    Yes, I know.

But like the OP, the print function is different from the export function. So if export to pdf works for WSNetwork as it did for the OP, then print from the PDF reader. How a PDF reader prints is different from other applications.

But if the pdf export also doesn't work for WSNetwork then that may mean something else entirely. And if the PDF doesn't print to their printer, then my only recommendation would be to try a different printer. And if that works, sack the original printer. If that oo doesn't work, then I have no idea what is wrong...

well yes we agree on that then i think...

my point was WSNetwork first dscribed his issue as a bug in Xara - I'm not convinced of that... I think he/she has a printer issue [as in hardware/driver] when trying to print xara propeller and other shapes

in my experience , and I used to use stroke shapes and AI/SVG imports a lot, it was only the AI/SVG imports that caused issues, not the stroke shapes

I just don't get the issue either with v12 or v15-trial [uk versions], so no real help I can give...

@mwenz
    I described in post 17 that I set the print-Options to bitmap as workaraound. Also export to PDF works. In version 12 all works fine with the same configuration. Also tested on a second machine. All I want is living without workaraounds.

@handdrawn
    I'm a he (my name is Werner). I'll send a ticket to support and will look what they will say.

Thank's a lot

ok -pleased to meet you - good luck - be interested to hear what they say