Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Help With 3D Graphics design?

Need help with info about 3D graphics designing. I want to start from the basics. What programs are good and where can I get information about creating and editing CGI.

Default Re: Need Help With 3D Graphics design?

Quote Originally Posted by summer12 View Post
    Need help with info about 3D graphics designing. I want to start from the basics. What programs are good and where can I get information about creating and editing CGI.
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. Such a general question is better asked of the Internet search engines directly. You state "I like cooking" and wing to a website on valves. You should target your question to around Food or Valves, tell us what programs you have looked at, what you want to create and why.

Good luck,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Xara is an excellent choice and you can get all the help you need right here.
    Seems most professionals use Photoshop but that is very expensive.
    Another good one is Afffinity designer.

EDIT: looks like Acorn posted while I was composing this.

EDIT again: I agree with Acorn.
    Last edited by wizard509; 16 January 2018 at 07:12 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

If you're interested in creating true 3d polygon-based objects and models, I offer free 3d modeling tutorials on my Youtube channel. I work primarily with 3dsmax and Blender, but you should be able to follow along with virtually any polygon-based 3d modeling software. A good choice to start is Blender or a software called Hexagon. Blender is free but somewhat more complex and closer to industry standard software, and Hexagon is a much more simplified polygon modeling software which is good for beginners. Polygon modeling is a good way to learn the basics of 3d.

https://www.youtube.com/luxxeon3d

Quote Originally Posted by luxxeon View Post
    If you're interested in creating true 3d polygon-based objects and models, I offer free 3d modeling tutorials on my Youtube channel. I work primarily with 3dsmax and Blender, but you should be able to follow along with virtually any polygon-based 3d modeling software. A good choice to start is Blender or a software called Hexagon. Blender is free but somewhat more complex and closer to industry standard software, and Hexagon is a much more simplified polygon modeling software which is good for beginners. Polygon modeling is a good way to learn the basics of 3d.

https://www.youtube.com/luxxeon3d
    luxxeon, that is a kind offer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello people!

I'm new to this site.

I registered to this site in order to answer this question.

When you say "starting off", did you mean by starting by scratch?
    If so, I have written a very short and easy guide to converting 3D coordinates (worldspace) into a 2D plane (monitor screen) in order to display simple 3D graphics.

Please visit http://www.gerbyte.com/simple3Dgraphicsprimer.htm if you wish to have a look.

Or, if starting with modeling 3D, I personally like to use Daz3D, or Unity. But, being old skool I keep to the programming languages such as C.

Have fun whatever you do!

All the best,

Gerb.