Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Default no fill color on Photo & Graphic Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Just left-click the 'no colour' icon on the Colour Bar immediately after opening a new document; one click a document is not a big burden.
    except that this does not persist beyond the first object drawn unless you also define an outline width, [xara does not like creating shapes with no fill and no outline on the hoof] - by which time I could have accessed a style shape with the correct width more easily - the outline width will vary so I cannot define a specific opening value in the template file infobar [even if that is possible to do at all].... so however you prefer to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    except that this does not persist beyond the first object drawn unless you also define an outline width, [xara does not like creating shapes with no fill and no outline on the hoof] - by which time I could have accessed a style shape with the correct width more easily - the outline width will vary so I cannot define a specific opening value in the template file infobar [even if that is possible to do at all].... so however you prefer to do it...
    OK, fair cop. Three clicks as you need to define a Line Width. Oh, and firstly a Line Colour... ...and probably, yes, ensure objects have most recent attributes set.

I've checked my workflow and picking 'no colour' then a line colour (defaults to 0.5pt width) retains my settings for all subsequent objects when most recent attributes are set. Still not too bad through.

Perhaps I should have kept quiet. I've always been happy with Ctrl+C then Ctrl+Shift+A.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

no worries

as ever, we all do things our way...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    no worries
    as ever, we all do things our way...
    Which is why i stick with Xara products, they are flexible, most of the time.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat