Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Talking Does Xara Web Site Desinger Premium have ability to add a Contact Page?

Hi. I bought Xara Web Designer Premium. My old website design software had the ability to add a "contact us" page,so people could send an email to my email by way of an online web portal. Can
    Xara Web Designer Premium Do This?

Thank You,
    Steve

Default Re: Does Xara Web Site Desinger Premium have ability to add a Contact Page?

Quote Originally Posted by tomoffinland17 View Post
    Hi. I bought Xara Web Designer Premium. My old website design software had the ability to add a "contact us" page,so people could send an email to my email by way of an online web portal. Can
    Xara Web Designer Premium Do This?
    Thank You, Steve
    Steve, Xara can do this but not natively; it requires the use of code added to the page or to a Placeholder.

If you advise the portal of choice, we can get you started.
    Most go for JotForm but you have a choice of several form the On-line Content Catalogue (OCC): OCC > Components > Print & Web Components > Forms.
    If you have another preference, then a bit of hand coding to set it up would be required.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Does Xara Web Site Desinger Premium have ability to add a Contact Page?

Just from experience, If you make a form with jotform or others and place in a placeholder, then it will not push down the footer on your page or any object placed below the form. Allow enough room, in the event that the user does not enter or enters wrong info into the form, which can trigger errors and will push the form down making it longer than usual.

I used to have Serif Webplus X8 that had smart objects that one could add on the serif web resources portal. Is that what you mean? I tried Jotform, but I'd like to add it to my web page. When I added it, it was put at the top left of my computer screen,not on the web page. Is this possible?
    thanks,

JotForm gives you "share" options. One is to link to the form on the JotForm site. Another is to embed the form.

Assuming your form is 500 x 800 pixels, copy the embed script, create a rectangle to this size, then with the rectangle selected, go to the Web Properties > Placeholder section, click the Insert HTML (Body) button and paste your embed code.

Now the form should appear where you placed it on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by tomoffinland17 View Post
    I used to have Serif Webplus X8 that had smart objects that one could add on the serif web resources portal. Is that what you mean? I tried Jotform, but I'd like to add it to my web page. When I added it, it was put at the top left of my computer screen,not on the web page. Is this possible?
    thanks,
    Tom, do read the Xara Help and look at the Xara on-line assistance. Never assume there is a relationship between a past application and Xara, you just end up fighting yourself.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat