Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PDF Files

Default PDF Files

I just down loaded Designer Pro X trial version and it won't open a PDF file.
    What do I do?

Default Re: PDF Files

1. Use the Import > (for file type PDF (*.pdf) almost at the very bottom of the list)
    2. Or drag and drop the PDF file into a new page.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman1960 View Post
    What do I do?
    Things to try.

Open DPX. It will have a default blank file, Untitled1.
    Drag the PDF onto the topmost blank, black toolbar area. This should open the PDF as a new file, Filename.xar.
    Another way, use File > Open. Navigate to the folder, select the PDF and click the Open button...same result as above.
    If you use File > Import, you get a dialog screen to either Merge or Insert.
    Merge add the PDF to the current Untitled1 page.
    Insert creates an new page in Untitled1 and add the PDF there.

Delete Untittled1 and you can drag and drop the PDF just about anywhere.

Does your PDF have fonts and editable text, several pages or not open on Adobe Reader?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This brings up another pet peeve of mine, the import menu.

Someone seriously needs to make this a project to organize this in some kind of order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Import.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	119844  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    This brings up another pet peeve of mine, the import menu.

Someone seriously needs to make this a project to organize this in some kind of order.
    I reorder mine every time, Gary. You need to be a bit careful doing it, but it is easily doable.

Mike

Not to go too far off-topic--so feel free to delete this if desired.

What bugs me more than the sort order of the import/export filters list is not having the name of a saved document populated in the filename field when one goes to export.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman1960 View Post
    What do I do?
    If the PDF opens in Adobe Reader and displays fine, and if the PDF can be selected in the Open or Import dialog, does it preview on the right before actually trying the Open/Import?

Mike

Have you tried right clicking on the XDPX launch icon and select "Run as Administrator"? You only need to do this once.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host