Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Grouped text is blurry

All the text on my footer are crisp and clear except the 5 links under Employment (see photo). I have made sure that the text area is large enough to grab all the attributes. My client wants these items grouped, rather than soft grouped, because of the they don't want any break between the items when slowly scrolling you mouse over each one ... they want it to act like 1 item (does that make sense?). The font is the same fill color as the other items and none of the footer text has a line color. Any ideas as to why it's blurry?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Footer.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	119822

Default Re: Grouped text is blurry

Quote Originally Posted by Alliefan View Post
    All the text on my footer are crisp and clear except the 5 links under Employment (see photo). I have made sure that the text area is large enough to grab all the attributes. My client wants these items grouped, rather than soft grouped, because of the they don't want any break between the items when slowly scrolling you mouse over each one ... they want it to act like 1 item (does that make sense?). The font is the same fill color as the other items and none of the footer text has a line color. Any ideas as to why it's blurry?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Footer.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	119822
    Gropuing converts the object (image/graphic) and text grouped text all into an image.
    images are fixed dpi and do not scale; fonts do are they browser renders their scaling on change of viewing magnification.

If the text has no other function than being read, place four transparent boxes over the soft-grouped collection instead and add any links to the top box.
    If it is a set of links for a site map, what is the problem with soft-grouping?
    Most would replace all this with a NavBar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I wonder if the bitmap of the text has been resized? That would make it blurred.

Acorn or anybody, isn't there a html block text thing that makes all the linked text act as one unit?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I wonder if the bitmap of the text has been resized? That would make it blurred.

Acorn or anybody, isn't there a html block text thing that makes all the linked text act as one unit?
    As Xara use SPAN for text lines, the immediate answer is no. If,however, you select the text in a block and add the Name htmlblocktext, it is changed to a DIV of wrapped text.
    Add a link to this offers a better presentation but every word is underlined unless the website default link setting are changes and this might impact elsewhere. It might impact line spacing too.

I chose the box overlay as this is cleaner but the OP has to advise what effect is being sought.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

For some reason, and this is in v12 Designer Pro X, grouped text as a bitmap does not make a clean bitmap. So you suggestion is the best, Acorn.

Here are three examples of linked text: http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/linked-text/ The dashed outline on the last example is only to show the shape of the transparent rectangle.

The rectangle can be 100% transparent but then you will have trouble selecting the rectangle. 99% is for all intents and purposes transparent but can still be selected.