Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Catalogue Making - Image Frame Tool Required

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Try this.
    Create a box then create a bitmap copy from it. A shape is not an image so Xara finds it hard to know what to do.
    I find any image I drag and drop from a folder onto the bitmap copy replaces it. This can be repeated or cloned and repeated.

Acorn
    I like this. This works a lot like InDesign's Frame

I can move the image to any point within the Rectangle Bitmap copy - so if the photo is different ratio dimensions to Rectangle Bitmap I can choose which part of the image to 'reveal' in the rectangle.

I think this should about do it for me. I haven't quite mastered it yet though. I don't seem to be able Resize the image within the rectangle bitmap - I seem to be only able to move it around At the Moment.

Hm

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    which program are we talking about here - OP's profile says Designer PRO 11

- is there a way to drag a photo into xara, and replace one that is not the same size, without clipping?
    Yo- I am Designer Pro X11

Drag a photo into Xara, Onto a Bitmap Image. The image will fill the rectangle and can be moved around if different ratio dimensions. The bits overlapping will not be shown. However, Do you know how to resize the image to, say, a bigger one to just have a small portion of the original photo showing?

Double-click on the image, resize handles, move around?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    which program are we talking about here - OP's profile says Designer PRO 11
    - is there a way to drag a photo into xara, and replace one that is not the same size, without clipping?
    Works for Pro 11. All I would do is right click and select Un-clip but you have ensure you are in anything other that Clip mode for it to resize.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@ sploxon

to get it the same size:
    you could do that with maths - unclip the image and the reduce it in size either by using percentage or absolute values in the infobar - this might result in the image being displaced though

to vary the size of the fill:
    so you might prefer to use the fill tool and adjust the notional dpi on the infobar - still need to do the math

Quote Originally Posted by SPLOXON View Post
    Yo- I am Designer Pro X11

Drag a photo into Xara, Onto a Bitmap Image. The image will fill the rectangle and can be moved around if different ratio dimensions. The bits overlapping will not be shown. However, Do you know how to resize the image to, say, a bigger one to just have a small portion of the original photo showing?
    Un-clip when in Clip mode and tweak the clip handles. Scale with the select tool.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

depends whether we are doing this by eye or by ratio