Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default V10 Web Designer Premium Installation folder may be damaged

I have been using Web Designer 10 premium for many years. Just reently, on startup, I received an error message

"Installation folder may be damaged. Error code -1". I haven't explicitly done anything to change the configuration. To try and overcome this I did and full uninstall, then removed installation.ini, then reinstall with a fresh download. This makes no difference.

Seeking help from Xara I created a support ticket. Xara helpfully sent me a URL to view progress on the ticket https://support.xara.com/index.php?/.../SWZ-463-16603

When I follow this link I'm invited to login but a login button is not provided on the page.

I have a similar configuration on another PC and I used this to test the download install. On the other PC the installation works OK.

Does anyone have any ideas out there?

Thanks Paul
    Win10 Home 10.0.16299 x64

Default Re: V10 Web Designer Premium Installation folder may be damaged

Try this. Go to the program folder, something like C: Program Files > Xara > product version, find the .exe file, right click and select Pin To Taskbar or Pin To Start.

I have many many older versions of Xara products and frequently when I try to open an older version I get a message similar to that and the above is what I do. I think I probably remove the icon from the taskbar first.

That is a useful idea. BUT what I omitted to say was the the re install fails with the Error -1 message at a late stage during the re-install. This causes the install process to rollback. So I haven't got an installation any more.

Ah. Possibly right click on install icon and try Run as Administrator?

Also, I wonder if your anti virus/security software might be interfering? I use Webroot Anywhere and from time to time it has blocked certain files from installing. Usually ones that let Xara check for updates, etc. when you open the app.

If not one of this works, the file a support ticket at https://support.xara.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Thanks again for your help. Nope none of these tricks works.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	119820

I also submitted a ticket to Xara. When I attempt to view it https://support.xara.com/index.php?/.../SWZ-463-16603 I am asked to login but no login button is displayed. Does the Xara support function still operate?

OK. I'll try to flag this post to Xara.

Seeking help from Xara I created a support ticket. Xara helpfully sent me a URL to view progress on the ticket https://support.xara.com/index.php?/.../SWZ-463-16603
    I can confirm this issue. I sent in a test support ticket and was emailed the url to check it's progress and got directed to the same page as yourself, asking to login but there's no login option.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Jack London had a sign on the door to his study: PLEASE DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT KNOCKING. PLEASE DO NOT KNOCK.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Thanks for your assistance. I also raised a further ticket about the missing login button. This is peculiar behavior from Xara support.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Gary. Did you have any success in raising this with Xara? I've not received any updates on this.