Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Default to open last file - website worked on

Good morning! Happy New Year to you all!

Is there a default setting that opens up the last page/website/file that you worked on?

Thanks much,
    Sue

Default Re: Default to open last file - website worked on

Hi Sue,

Under File/Open Recent is a list of the last few web/xar files you've been working on.

Also if you leave a file saved but open when closing Xara on restarting the program it should open all the previously opened file/s.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. That's what I thought, that the last file saved or worked on would open. It's not!

And yes, I am aware of the recent list. Would like the option to open the last file saved to work, like I think it used to.

Something I can check or re-set for this?

Thanks for your quick response!

Sue

go to Utilities/options/backup make sure backup open documents on close is ticked.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thanks, Christine! That was it. Funny thing is that it was doing that. Went in and it was unchecked. When I checked it, it said the disc was full. It is not full. I deleted some of the backups, tried to check it again and now it is working.

How do I delete some of the backups automatically? Maybe there was too many?

Sue,

On that same options page is a box for entering the number of backup copies to keep.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thanks Christine for trying to help me. I appreciate it so much.

I understand there is the choice for the number of back ups. So if I pick 10, which is what I had been using, after it saves 10, does it stop making a back up? Or what was the reason, if you know, that it stopped?

When I went to check the box yesterday, which had been checked at some point, it told me my disk was full. My disk was not full. I have loads of space. This was the reason for my question. Why it stopped and said disk was full but inside the program it never told me.

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Thanks Christine for trying to help me. I appreciate it so much.

I understand there is the choice for the number of back ups. So if I pick 10, which is what I had been using, after it saves 10, does it stop making a back up? Or what was the reason, if you know, that it stopped?

When I went to check the box yesterday, which had been checked at some point, it told me my disk was full. My disk was not full. I have loads of space. This was the reason for my question. Why it stopped and said disk was full but inside the program it never told me.
    If you add an eleventh backup the oldest one is deleted.
    If you have 100 design files, you would get a maximum of 1,000 backups, 10 for each. Windows got fed up handling so many files; it does sulk! The total folder size could have exceeded some limit; unlikely. Windows' response time in opening the backups folder for all your open design files could have exceeded a Xara time out limit: Twenty files open and backing up each every 5 minutes...

If you have a different physical drive to where the Xara application is then change the Backup folder to the other drive. Else, just change the backup folder location every month or so.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well, that's good to know that the 1 over what you set will start deletion! That's how I would think it "should" work.

I changed it to a different drive..thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully, it won't try to fool me again...and maybe if it does, I will remember what I need to do to fix it.

Thanks, Acorn!