Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Video in popup layer problem

I have been trying to embed Youtube videos in popup layers on my events website. The idea being that they autoplay when somebody clicks the relevant link. The trouble is they all autoplay when the main page loads.

Has anybody found a way? Also there a number of these so conceivably someone could close one popup and open another, so the previous video definitely needs to stop playing when the popup is closed.

Default Re: Video in popup layer problem

Here's an excellent video loader created by Siran.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. Although correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to play any video selected in a placeholder on the page. I'm trying to create popups with videos in them set to autoplay. The problem is that although the popups aren't visible when the main page loads they all start playing anyway.

You can see the video links on the righthand side at www.smoothjazzevents.co.uk

I currently have them opening the youtube page in another tab, but would have preferred the video to play in a popup.

I remember [sort of!] this coming up yonks ago and the solution is to place the video on on it's own page and use the iframe tag (embed website widget) for the popup.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks John. I'll give that a try, although I already had the embedded video in an iframe, so I would have the thought that the autoplay thing would have worked the same way. Or does the embed website widget get around that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi King View Post
    Thanks John. I'll give that a try, although I already had the embedded video in an iframe, so I would have the thought that the autoplay thing would have worked the same way. Or does the embed website widget get around that?
    It used to ... v15 seems to have changed a fair bit though
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64