Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't use the Publish button to upload my WebDesiner 8 website file to Magix Online

Can't use the Publish button to upload my WebDesigner 9 website file to Magix Online

Well, actually I CAN use the button, it just doesn't work :-) - - - -Get the error message, "a connection to the server can not be established"

What I CAN do is:

Export all of my web designer 9 files to my local drive then use FileZilla to FTP upload them to my Magix Online website

Works fine. website works fine. Life is groovy, boss, far-out, phat, rad and sweet.

What I can NOT do is:

Use the "Publish" button feature in Web Designer 9 to publish/upload my files to MOW.

I am using the correct userid and password (the same userid/password pair that is being used successfully to do the FTP)
    IP

Default Re: Can't use the Publish button to upload my WebDesiner 8 website file to Magix Onli

Im not saying this will resolve your problem but its worth checking If you have a firewall installed and has XARA been granted permission to go through it?

The first time you tried to publish a popup alert from your firewall should have asked if this connection is OK

Try disabling the firewall for a few mins and reattempt a publish.

If you have the correct settings in the publish dialogue don't forget you can then:
    Explore web space

When you have completed the FTP host address, FTP username and FTP password boxes, click the optional Explore web space button to browse, view and delete files you have uploaded to your ftp server.

This again will inform you that the settings are correct and that the firewall is open
    IP

Default Re: Can't use the Publish button to upload my WebDesiner 8 website file to Magix Onli

Welcome to TalkGraphics Hollerithcard (do I recognize your avatar from the Guardian website?)

I am not sure if Magix requires you to publish to a sub folder, but if so, then make sure this is in your FTP info in WD. Also, this could be a Passive mode thing.

Have a look at this page and see if this helps http://support.xara.com/index.php?lo...d=9&parentid=0
    IP

It has permission in my firewall. It will let me register the program so it is able to connect to the internet. It just won't update or download content. Xara tech support is SLOW and worthless up to this point.
    IP

Hello Troundy, this is a five year old thread. I suggest you open a new thread if you are experiencing problems re this matter
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by troundy View Post
    It has permission in my firewall. It will let me register the program so it is able to connect to the internet. It just won't update or download content. Xara tech support is SLOW and worthless up to this point.
    You seem to have come into the middle of an argument that we know nothing about.

Can you start a new Thread please and indicate what Xara product you have the problem with, when it started and what you have done up to now.
    It sounds like you have an issue with your registration and not accessing the On-line Content Catalogue, which implies a later product this the current Thread.
    Also what response back from Xara support has there been and when did you contact Xara?

Another also, you have added a Post to the tailcoat of a old Thread here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...571#post586571 on the ?same? problem. You shouldn't be in this position so I will try and escalate things for you.

It is important to raise such matters afresh.

Acorn

P.S. Thread now closed as it has branched out into a different area.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP