BACKGROUND: -

I fired up the laptop I haven't used for quite a while to put on the ver 15 trial so I could verify the squish workflow issue [trial having died on my main computer]

did this ok

ISSUE: -

when I tried to use ver 12 on the laptop it said that I needed to deactivate one usage to use it on the laptop - magix screen came up showing two activations which were both for the same computer! [the main one] - unfortunately I didn't grab this I just deactivated one of them - program open ok and I used it, it also installed an update that was pending

next time I try to open ver 12 I get this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-06 12_06_31-Xara Designer Pro X.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	119755

when I went into my account stills showed both activated for the same main computer - both for todays date !?:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	account activations ver 12.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	119756

I could now not access the ver 12 program on the laptop to deactivate it internally - and I had just used my once a month 30 days account deactivation for ver12, or so I thought, but on going to the account I was able to deactivate - but still I got the message number one above on the laptop - I rebooted the laptop, still message number one.. I went back to my account where it said I had deactivated, refreshed the page and then it said two activations on the same computer again as before - maybe the page refresh a mistake... so deactivated again logged off service centre and back on - yes now only the main computer activation showing.. progress? unfortunately no..

because... when trying to activate on the laptop still get message number one

so I have a spare activation but I cannot use it on the laptop - was accepting the update a mistake? if so it should not have been offered.. I think maybe this is the case because the laptop shows ver 12.8.1, wheras the main shows ver 12.6.2 presumably the point at which my ver 12 licence expired - if so then I repeat the update to ver 12 on the laptop should not have been offered

My friends, this has gone beyond hyperbole - this has now entered the realm of hard stares, not visible over the internet, but believe me they are there - not only are you breaking workflow in ver12, but your activation/update system appears in part at least broken - it should be way more robust than this

when I have time I may try restoring windows clean on the laptop - or if practical using a third computer

Meanwhile I can at least install and use use ver 11 on the laptop [I hope] - and I can try uninstalling ver 12 and reinstalling an earlier version and ignoring any update notifications - but they may persist and I really should not have to do this... and of course, it may not work...

all this is time wasted and no incentive to stick with Xara/magix whatsoever...

EDIT sorry about the mix up on description of grab two - I really wish I'd grabbed that first screen - but it does not obviate the issue about the update -