Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Creating A Forum

Designer Pro X365: I'm curious, do we (Xara) have a Widget for creating and editing forums? I'm going to need one soon. Thanks
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: Creating A Forum

No. But there are third party forum solutions. But you would have to add them as a link or possible using the Embed a Website widget.

Here are the results of a quick search https://duckduckgo.com/?q=forum+software&t=ffsb&ia=web

Thanks Gary I was afraid of that. However I will pursue your thoughts and see what I can come up with. As always, thanks.

You're most welcome. There are some good web based solution out there that offer a lot of flexibility. Let us know what direction you take. It will help other members.

Gilbert,

I answered this in another post that may be helpful. See post #5

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ht=#post573189

Let me know if this is what you want.

Ray

Gilbert,

I just reread your post and it said forum and I thought you were talking about forms. Did you mean forum as in like here at Talkgraphics because if that is the case then Xara is not the proper software for this.

Ray

That is a doggonit R! I do thank you for your thought, and if that's the case then I'll have to go back to HTML, etc. I've gotten lazy in my old age and didn't want to do that again; also it's been a long time and a lot of things have changed. I haven't completely learned everything I want to in Xara itself, or Proshow..and I could bore you with all the what elses. If you have further thoughts or suggestions I'd love to hear. Thanks again.

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Gilbert,

I just reread your post and it said forum and I thought you were talking about forms. Did you mean forum as in like here at Talkgraphics because if that is the case then Xara is not the proper software for this.

Ray
    Could you not, as I believe Gary was implying, embed a link in a placeholder, opening an off-site forum in a new window or tab? I think I'll try this, as it seems like an interesting project. Or, do you think I'm wasting my time?

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Could you not, as I believe Gary was implying, embed a link in a placeholder, opening an off-site forum in a new window or tab? I think I'll try this, as it seems like an interesting project. Or, do you think I'm wasting my time?
    Go for it.
    If you have cpanel web hosting through your ISP perhaps consider adding one of the available Forums or BBs there (under One-click Installs).
    These would be added to your domain so are not "external". You would still link into it through a Placeholder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Go for it.
    If you have cpanel web hosting through your ISP perhaps consider adding one of the available Forums or BBs there (under One-click Installs).
    These would be added to your domain so are not "external". You would still link into it through a Placeholder.

Acorn
    Do you know if these are available on the Magix host, Acorn? I want to add a forum to the web I have there, though I will likely eventually move it to a secure host.