Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Unable to launch XP&GD10

Dear Xara...

i have an installed XP&GD10.
    It only gets as far as a background task and never opens.

Further, if I have XDPX v15 or v12 open, these freeze.
    If I delete the background task, they work immediately.

I was able to interwork with v11 but this also is frozen by the stalled XP&GD10.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Unable to launch XP&GD10

I have had a prompt reply from Xara and I will tackle this on my main PC when we are reunited.

Thank you Xara,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

glad you got yours sorted - I got my activation issue sorted too - via a clean install of win-10... but it was still flouncy to begin with.. the activation service is flakey if you ask me

well I spoke too soon regarding ver 12 - but at least its sorted to ver 12.4 if not 12.6 and i don't think I'll notice the difference on a backup machine

but now I have an issue similar to you with ver 11 - which freezes at activation stage [dosn't freeze other xara programs] - this getting really tiresomeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-10 00_37_51-.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	119816

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I have had a prompt reply from Xara and I will tackle this on my main PC when we are reunited.
    Thank you Xara,
    Acorn
    I followed the separate guidance and achieved nothing. A major Windows update got in the way so back to square one.

Version of different Xara products ought not to interfere with each other and require Windows Registry changes.

Acorn

I got mine sorted by 'double de-clutching' the activation... not noticed any interference between versions but I have not had v15 and v10 installed together... I hope you do get it sorted too