Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Default Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

I have been using XARA since version 5# with several upgrades over the years. I recently purchased a new laptop and "upgraded" to Pro X 15 because I wanted to keep Pro 12 on my old laptop (and my home computer) so I purchased a new license for Pro X assuming that is was the same program.

After reading the entire thread on the resizing issue, which I have been struggling with for the last week, I would gladly let them keep my "upgrade" money and settle for another copy of Pro X 12.

I can not find a download link for Pro 12... Can anyone direct me to one?

bottom of the page: http://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/download/

designer pro 365 (12.4.1)

Quote Originally Posted by glennmorendorff View Post
    I have been using XARA since version 5# with several upgrades over the years. I recently purchased a new laptop and "upgraded" to Pro X 15 because I wanted to keep Pro 12 on my old laptop (and my home computer) so I purchased a new license for Pro X assuming that is was the same program.
    After reading the entire thread on the resizing issue, which I have been struggling with for the last week, I would gladly let them keep my "upgrade" money and settle for another copy of Pro X 12.
    I can not find a download link for Pro 12... Can anyone direct me to one?
    As V15 is fit for your usage, ask for a refund. Then with Xara V12 downloaded onto Device 3, de-active Device 2 Xara 12 and then activate Device 3. Keep the main PC as Device 1 and flip between then two laptops deactivating each before re-activating. It is a matter of moments and you save a purchase.

V12 download links: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...807#post586807.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I predict that you (Rob and all those who have responded - except Kate Moir who seems to be completely out of touch; war isn't being declared by the customer base, we are just disappointed in the direction the company has moved) will either revert to a version that actually does what you want and stick with it, thus no longer being part of the upgrade madness and/or move on to another program that will replace Xara. Sorry about the clumsy sentence structure, it's difficult to concentrate on grammar when pissed off.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I predict that you (Rob and all those who have responded - except Kate Moir who seems to be completely out of touch; war isn't being declared by the customer base, we are just disappointed in the direction the company has moved) will either revert to a version that actually does what you want and stick with it, thus no longer being part of the upgrade madness and/or move on to another program that will replace Xara. Sorry about the clumsy sentence structure, it's difficult to concentrate on grammar when pissed off.
    Bob.
    I totally agree Bob and looking at Acorn's reply in #83, flip this then flip that, de-activate then re-activate, all I can say is flip off I'll stick with P&GD11 that works perfectly well.

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi all,

...This change is being reversed so effective next patch, you should be able to hold Alt to squish text and images as before...
    Hi Rob, I was just wondering how will we know the patch has been issued? Will something be mentioned in Support News? Thanks.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Hi Rob, I was just wondering how will we know the patch has been issued? Will something be mentioned in Support News? Thanks.
    We'll announce it in the news section and also the program will let you know when a patch has been released. I unfortunately can't say the dates but hopefully very soon.

Thanks
    Rob

Great. Thanks for quick reply.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

One more,
    if i make a Clipview of a bitmap and i Flip it, it only Flips the shape, NOT the Bitmap ?!?!?!?
    A Group does not help, any idea?
    Or is it also one of this new pita-features?

Und auch mal einen schönen Gruß nach München zu Magix,
    wie konntet Ihr nur so was durchgehen lassen?
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

consequence of the change..pita

in the select tool there are 'flip horizontally' and 'flip vertically' buttons on the infobar [they look like blue and white darts]