Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Default Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Come on guys, Rob asked you in a positive manner for some feedback on use cases, he didn't declare war! Does anyone have some additional examples?

Kate Moir
    Kate,

It takes time to plan and execute the addition to, a change to, and/or the removal of features. For some of this stuff, wouldn't be prudent to consult people who use an application when changes to or the removal of features is part of the plan? Wouldn't that potentially save some time, effort and money for other items on Xara's To-Do list?

That's what a modern, responsive company does. It doesn't rely solely on its own devices without input from outside the Ivory Tower.

nicely put - wish I had your way with words - maybe I'll do a video and put it on Youtube.. catagory: hubris

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    Come on guys, Rob asked you in a positive manner for some feedback on use cases, he didn't declare war! Does anyone have some additional examples?

Kate Moir
    I don't understand Your and Xaras/Magix logig.
    Nobody want a war but things they were in and missed we want back.
    Why do Xara steps backward when the whole grafic world go forward?

In a tread i promissed angry with Magix. Mybe the angry came without Magix too but what you deliver with v15 is the top!!!
    Vielen Dank für den Scheiß!

Info Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    nicely put - wish I had your way with words - maybe I'll do a video and put it on Youtube.. catagory: hubris
    I suspect that the on-line direction that is being pursued is forcing Xara into a design corner.

Here is a badly crafted example: v15 Hubris.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Takes 1-2 seconds in v 15.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001630.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	119748

But, it isn't dynamic. I guess at the aspect ratio and it's close, dunno how accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Going from Non-Destructieve Editing to Self-Destructive Management; The Story behind the Decline and Fall of a once-great Company.

Management has lost touch with its client base and is clearly looking down on it while pursuing airy objectives from its ivory tower.
    Exactly, a fish rots from the head down

ok I calmed down a bit...

it is galling to have to wait for improvements on the drawing side... it has been sorta tiresome to be told, repeatingly, that we do not have to update until we see features we want ... but can you not see it is now rubbing salt into the wound to remove a feature that we use all the time...

speed and ease is of the essence here or we would all be still making shadows and blends from base shapes

@acorn - oh I like that

is forcing Xara into a design corner
    that is entirely possible, but if so then they aught to come clean and admit they are done with the flexible approach and have nailed their colours to the mast of 'designing by numbers'

Sorry if someone already showed this or if I'm off base here, but I didn't have the patience to read the whole thread....

I feel like I'm missing something... about the skewing/distorting images thing... if I'm right, yes you can.

Cliff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Oh... and for text... I use the 'text' aspect ratio tool. I know it's faster/easier just to pull/push a handle, but with the aspect ratio tool you could do individual letters and words which you could not do just with the handles. And you can be exact/precise.
    Last edited by cmpan1; 06 January 2018 at 03:37 AM. Reason: typo
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Here is an example of an out of bounds effect that uses two copies of the same image one cut out and the back one squashed to create the illusion of the cat sticking its head right out of the photo.

Edit: this is a very quick rough example and I am aware that Mr.Kitty is missing his whiskers on one side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.