Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    NJ, near Princeton Univ (USA), midway between NYC and Philly

Default Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Faithtoken View Post
    I cant flip anything in any of my files now. Only the shape flips, not the fill. Is there a short-command I have enabled?
    I have tried restarting the software and tried flipping images in several files, but no luck. I have not been using clipview.
    It worked just 1 hour ago.

- Fixed it myself, apparently you can't flip the fill of an object if the "aspect ratio" is disabled.

Want to say that I miss the way I could squash images, for making simple reflections for instance, also the ability to cut an image by shrinking and pressing - (minus).

Also, is there a way to disable the "your language is not available, want too use english instead?"-message that appear every time you start the software?
    I'm late to the party on this topic, but just ran into the issue myself. I already voted on this (one of ~40 something who voted??? Should be a lot more!). Silly overbearing move on the part of the software designers to change an existing behavior like this -- worst case, they could have offered the new behavior as an option, i.e., changing default skewing/stretching/flipping behavior to the "new way" vs. the "old way" (you know, the way all other established graphics products do this). Oh well.

Anyway - I had to do something as simple as flip a photo horizontally. I had skimmed posts about this change, but had focused on text, and stashed it away in the back of my mind to deal with next time I needed to skew some text... Anyway - I couldn't imagine why the flip button on the toolbar was doing nothing. I made sure the photo wasn't grouped. I tried dragging the corner to reverse the image -- no luck. I imported it again...restarted the program. Finally searched and came across this. I locked the aspect ratio, and lo and behold I could now flip the photo again. But...if this is a deliberate behavior, as annoying as it is, why not at least disable the flip vertical / horizontal buttons while the aspect ratio is unlocked -- and show an info / hover message when you mouse over them such as, "flipping disabled while aspect ratio is unlocked".

I guess I have to read the rest of the thread(s) on this. I don't have immediate needs to skew or squish a bitmap, but no doubt I'll have to do this at some time in the future, and now no longer know how to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Perhaps you can try this: Download and install V12 (http://www.xara.com/eu/designer-pro/download/ and scroll down) and use the serial number you received for V15. You can have V9, V12 and V15 working side by side w/o any problems. In terms of features there's hardly any difference between V12 en V15.
    Do we have the ability to download V12 of Photo and Graphic Designer and use the V15 serial number on that too? Is that legal?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Do we have the ability to download V12 of Photo and Graphic Designer and use the V15 serial number on that too? Is that legal?
    Xara has said v15 is only an upgrade from v12, despite the major version number change. If the same licence number works then you are OK all round.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I would think it works. Here's the link: http://www.xara.com/eu/photo-graphic-designer/download/. And, yes, its perfectly legal.

I think you have to use the serial number for P&GD. You cannot use the serial number for one product to validate another product. Even if you own both.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think you have to use the serial number for P&GD. You cannot use the serial number for one product to validate another product. Even if you own both.
    It is not clear with the latest Xara download for P&GD that it is v15 as the link is https://www.xara.com/us/downloads/st...hicdesigner365.

The Magix link is more explicit as http://dl03.magix.net/trial_photogra...gner15_dlm.exe.

So if you have v15 of P&GD you can use the same licence number for the same product at v12 or vice-versa.

Don't you just love marketing,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I did download version 12 of PG&D ... The version 15 P&GD serial number will NOT activate it. I was hoping as I really dislike some of the v15, and thank you Boy for the link. I was looking for it on the US site, but couldn't find it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I did download version 12 of PG&D ... The version 15 P&GD serial number will NOT activate it. I was hoping as I really dislike some of the v15, and thank you Boy for the link. I was looking for it on the US site, but couldn't find it.
    Keith, thanks for advising. I had expected it to work.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Keith, thanks for advising. I had expected it to work.

Acorn
    does it depend on whether you had an active 365 license when 12 was current ? if you jump straight to 15 when that is current it may not backdate to 12

12 only alows you to update to 15 if you keep your license current...

This is just not being updated, as they had said. Even in the manual it says the old way of doing things. 15 is broken in more than one way. I can't downgrade because I am working at my work with hundreds , maybe thousands of v15 xara files. Any fix coming soon?
    Ron Cavagnaro