Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I think that the main focus seem to be making sure that the web designers don't screw up powerful software.
    If so, Xara has missed to point.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

or maybe the boat....

because as said elsewhere the product is far too expensive for the 'app-generation', and it's dying in the pro field...

Up until today the text handling on my version of Xara had been acting as normal.
    But now it must have updated and the ability to stretch text has gone as earlier posters have said.
    I had been about to produce a series of three adverts.
    Part of the brief was that the heading of each advert be the same height and width despite the slightly different wording.
    This would normally have been easy to achieve by unlocking the aspect ratio and manually adjusting the width.
    I had to reinstall version 12.41 to get the text handling back to where I needed it as I wanted the text to still be editable.
    Is there any eta on the next patch to fix this

I'm posting late here. This behavior (text and images) just does not make sense. It is counter intuitive to new users and to me. I have been using Xara loyally since 1996. Xara this is just a bad idea. I have no question that your intentions are good, but in this case you are wrong. I will keep using version 12 until you revert to the previous behavior or give us the option (as with the key strokes) or going back to the way things used to WORK.

I was rather hoping that the patch to fix/revert this (and other issues) would have been released by now. It seems to go against the 365 update promise.

I've also reverted to using v12, mainly so I can open old .xar files. The latest v15 more often than not just crashes if the file contains fonts or plugins that are no longer on the system.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

to be fair to xara it might not be just a question of 'pushing a button' to fix this, other changes having been made in the program; and one thing you would hope is that when the fix comes it is not itself as problematic as the initial release

but that doesn't detract from the way focusing solely on a specific 'new and improved' way of doing things can backfire...

Sorry Xara, but ... you deliberately spoil your gorgeous program?(.
    Maybe you should start to ask the users what they want.
    Believe me, these changes it's not even what we wanted. This is what we feared. Return all as was.
    And take finally the development of the instruments, not their degradation(.
    PS: You ruined the tool, but still didn't even do snapping for these new behaviors.

I have no words to describe how incredibly stupid this change is. Particularly the fact that there is not even a way to override the new behavior with a modifier key (preferably, the ALT key).

I've posted a POLL here https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ehavior-in-v15

If you have not added your approval or disapproval, please do.

Vote so far is 22 NO 0 Yes.

I have posted a preference POLL here https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ehavior-in-v15

So users can vote their like or dislike for this new behavior.