Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Default Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

Quote Originally Posted by David.P View Post
    Hi all, now that I have successfully managed to switch Smart Transform off, I can't seem to switch it on again.

I have checked both "Aspect Ratio" and "Smart Transform", but the Smart Transform handles still do not appear when an object is selected?

Please help

Edit, never mind I found it, I had to additionally deselect the handles: Attachment 122740
    Which proves how intuitive it all is!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

HELP. I have read page after page. Can someone just give me the how to answer please.

I have a logo, an image. I want to squish the height. I can not figure out how to do that. Use to simply grap the top and pull down. I am using ver 16.

thanks!

Info Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    HELP. I have read page after page. Can someone just give me the how to answer please.
    I have a logo, an image. I want to squish the height. I can not figure out how to do that. Use to simply grap the top and pull down. I am using ver 16.
    thanks!
    You need to do four things:
    1. Use the Select tool
    2. Ensure the Selection Bounds Handles icon is active (pressed in)
    3. Untick the hidden Smart Transform option - right-click the Aspect Ratio button
    4. Email Xara and complain

Look at the picture in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...308#post597308 to visualise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You need to do four things:
    1. Use the Select tool
    2. Ensure the Selection Bounds Handles icon is active (pressed in)
    3. Untick the hidden Smart Transform option - right-click the Aspect Ratio button
    4. Email Xara and complain

Look at the picture in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...308#post597308 to visualise.

Acorn
    Thanks!

I hate the trend in sofware is to dumb down software for new users while exasperating existing customers.

I have to resurrect this thread ...

Having just got a new laptop, I've had to re-install my copy of XP&GD16 ... and the version I was left with was 15.0.0, so I'm back to not being able to squish/squash. I was under the impression that Kate said that bugfixes would be included (and that's really is a bug), 15.0.0 doesn't have any bugfixes at all ... Is the final decision that this is what I have to stick with? ... So do I now have to reinstall my XP&GD10 to get back to having a functional design program?

If I had bought V15 under the previous rules, I would have got all the updates to V15 to keep forever, but never seen V16. It seem very unfair that now I have virtually useless software ... at least V10 WILL do what I need it to do - V15 WILL NOT.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I see that xara have asked on TG for beta testers - never known that in all the time I have been here... they had/have beta testers of course, and there is a [restricted access] beta-tester forum... but maybe no-one is coming forward any more

maybe a lack of beta testers is what causes the sort of thing this thread is about...

the licence was badly thought out imo; surely after so many years of users being able to port their software to a new computer in a non-regressive state xara would have realised how much good-will they would lose - they can dress it up in any corporate-speak way they like, but to a long time user it is a regression
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Just as an example of why this is so important (I know we've been through this before, but this is a brilliant example from 2007 ... That CANNOT be reproduced with version 15.0.0 - or at least I can't reproduce it), I go back to a January 2007 tutorial from Gary Preister ... http://archive.xaraxone.com/tutorials/jan07/ ... This is a screen capture from the tutorial. Can someone at XARA please explain why not being able to produce this 12 years later is a forward step?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019.04.16_19h22m22s_001_.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	123915

Unless I decide to re-purchase the update service, I will be throwing V15 away and going back to V10.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sorry @Keith,
    Don't want to be a partypooper but it can be done.
    Just use the mouldtool for this

Hello and good morning, sorry to REVIVE this thread but I was away for a long time... So is it still the same and ONLY solution to apply an envelope?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-table.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	131308

the issue is only with one version 15.0; it was fixed in version 15.1 onwards by introducing the 'smart transform' option mentioned earlier - that is turn smart transform off; it still is not quite the way it was but workable

I realise that the mould tool will also do this specific operation, in vector anyway [using the xara mould tool on a bitmap brings problems of it's own] - but there is more to it than just that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...