Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Image and text skewing / distorting megathread

Add my name to the list of upset people.

I just upgraded from 10 to 15 because of 64 bit. I not going to upload an example. I have a picture in which the aspect ratio of a face is wrong. Stretched too much in height. I don't know why except this is what I have to work with. I simply want to drag the middle top handle down vertically until my eyes tell me this is what a human face should look like. Really very simple. Luckily I still have 10 installed.

The resize now, with aspect ratio unchecked, is similar to clipping. There already was and still is a clipping function.

I have been using XARA since version 5# with several upgrades over the years. I recently purchased a new laptop and "upgraded" to Pro X 15 because I wanted to keep Pro 12 on my old laptop (and my home computer) so I purchased a new license for Pro X assuming that is was the same program.

After reading the entire thread on the resizing issue, which I have been struggling with for the last week, I would gladly let them keep my "upgrade" money and settle for another copy of Pro X 12.

I can not find a download link for Pro 12... Can anyone direct me to one?

bottom of the page: http://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/download/

designer pro 365 (12.4.1)

Quote Originally Posted by glennmorendorff View Post
    I have been using XARA since version 5# with several upgrades over the years. I recently purchased a new laptop and "upgraded" to Pro X 15 because I wanted to keep Pro 12 on my old laptop (and my home computer) so I purchased a new license for Pro X assuming that is was the same program.
    After reading the entire thread on the resizing issue, which I have been struggling with for the last week, I would gladly let them keep my "upgrade" money and settle for another copy of Pro X 12.
    I can not find a download link for Pro 12... Can anyone direct me to one?
    As V15 is fit for your usage, ask for a refund. Then with Xara V12 downloaded onto Device 3, de-active Device 2 Xara 12 and then activate Device 3. Keep the main PC as Device 1 and flip between then two laptops deactivating each before re-activating. It is a matter of moments and you save a purchase.

V12 download links: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...807#post586807.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat