Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Photo site is really slow

So try Optimizing All Photos and see if your speed problem goes away.

Here's an example I'd use to create multiple sub-site

Edit: Changed link url

Not sure if the dropbox link is working correctly but here's the site live with sub sites.

Doing it this way can be very simple as you only neen to have one sub-site open at a time to edit it, not many pages with many large images. To create another sub-site, just copy a current one into a new sub-folder and change the images. http://www.parkeston.com/!-multi-site/index.htm

LINK
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 03 January 2018 at 04:48 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry it's taking me so long to get back here but in the middle of all this I got bronchitis. been sick for a few weeks.

I tried Optimizing All Photos, and it only did 3 of them. I guess the others were ok. Still the same thing. Slow and 2 minutes for saving, so I'm going down the path of trying the placeholder and the multiple sites to see which one works.
    I'm also writing the site with html/css from scratch with Bootstrap which I use in work to see which method I like the best.

Thanks to all for your help.

I'm also writing the site with html/css from scratch with Bootstrap which I use in work to see which method I like the best.
    You cannot do this with Xara. You can add script and code to the page/site HTML using placeholders but if you simply edit the HTML documents you will lose all the changes the next time you preview or publish. Xara web solutions are WYSIWYG. They are not HTML editors.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You cannot do this with Xara. You can add script and code to the page/site HTML using placeholders but if you simply edit the HTML documents you will lose all the changes the next time you preview or publish. Xara web solutions are WYSIWYG. They are not HTML editors.
    Gary Pr, I read this as Gary Pa is handcrafting his own Boostrap website.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Yup, found that out. I'm using Brackets to write it. At work we use Visual Studio Code but it's messy because you need a full web server to see the result, where Brackets has a live preview.
    I was discussing Xara with a web friend that said if you want to see the site correctly on a tablet, you have to create a new variant tablet page as I did for the phone. This breaks the site being totally responsive to any device.
    I'm not sure how this is going to end, but it's interesting because I really like Xara for it's WYSIWYG (Photoshop) UI.