A quick story.

Last week I was messing around, creating a comic site and adding photos to the site. I had almost completed it when Xara became really slow in saving and loading. Thinking it was my PC, I exited the program and rebooted the PC.
I tried again but it was still slow. I saved often but it took 1-4 minutes to save.

This morning when I opened my site I got a message box that says "The file seems to be empty"

I thought I lost everything. 2 weeks of work down the toilet.
Then I remembered the backups.
I copied the latest of the 10 backups to the working folder and was able to bring up the site.
Thank you Xara for the backups.

OK, so what went wrong? I'm doing a site with a lot of pictures (10-15 per page, and I'm up to 12 pages).
It takes almost 2 minutes to save, and I'm clueless why. It seems to be getting worse the number of pages I add and the number of pics on a page.

I'm doing a comic strip type of site if that helps, where each pic is 1280x960, resized on the page to 300x225. This way the user can click the pic and it will resize to the real size.
I'm using the Image Properties Pop-up photo option.

I'm thinking it's the size of the pics but I'm not sure how to make it work. If I were working on a commercial site, I'd use a small image then link to a large one.
Not sure how this works in Xara.
Is there a better way?