Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default mobile variant issue

Hi guys. I have an issue with a video not auto playing on my mobile variant. On my standard variant I have a video play, which has a set timeout code that automatically switchs to the home page after the 15 secs. The video auto plays on start. On my mobile variant I can't get the video to autoplay on start. I also can't take the set timeout code off of the mobile variant because it affects the standard variant.

http://www.jdsteiner.com Maybe you guys can take a look and possibly offer a solution Thank You

Default Re: mobile variant issue

I would be okay with scratching the video on the mobile variant. But, if I delete that page on the mobile variant it still shows up when i publish. not sure why

Brian - I have moved this thread to Xara Web Design Chat.

With variants pages that are on one variant are automatically on the other variant(s). But, if you don't want a page on a variant to show up, simply do not link to the page in that variant.

As Gary states, just remove the link to the video on the mobile menu. Video used to be blocked from auto-playing on Apple mobiles but it can be worked around now as they've relaxed the blocking provided there's no audio track. Android devices also seem to have relaxed their policy on this matter but it seems to depend on the browser.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host