Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Scrolling text marquee

Is there a way to have a line of text scroll across the screen without having to use another program like Flash?

Default Re: Scrolling text marquee

Quote Originally Posted by DesignSponge View Post
    Is there a way to have a line of text scroll across the screen without having to use another program like Flash?
    See if https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...78-Text-Ticker helps,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay. I created the text where I want it, went to Web Properties--Placeholder--HTML Code body and added the code below, except I keep changing direction="right" to "left" but it won't save that change. How can I get it to scroll from left to right instead of right to left? Also, I want to change the font size and color. What is the code for that and where would I add it in the following? Thank you so much for all of your help.

<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right"
    onmouseover="this.stop();"
    onmouseout="this.start();">
    We have put 38 titles on our poodles. They are highly intelligent and capable dogs who love their people!
    </marquee>

Quote Originally Posted by DesignSponge View Post
    Okay. I created the text where I want it, went to Web Properties--Placeholder--HTML Code body and added the code below, except I keep changing direction="right" to "left" but it won't save that change. How can I get it to scroll from left to right instead of right to left? Also, I want to change the font size and color. What is the code for that and where would I add it in the following? Thank you so much for all of your help.

<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right"
    onmouseover="this.stop();"
    onmouseout="this.start();">
    We have put 38 titles on our poodles. They are highly intelligent and capable dogs who love their people!
    </marquee>
    For the first, you must press OK to exit the code editor and then Apply/OK to save the change; you just need to change the right to left.

Here's the trick:

Create some dummy text in any height, width, style and colour as a text block.
    Name the text block htmlblocktext.
    Add the above marquee text into the dummy text's Placeholder Body.

The marquee adopt the styling you used.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I will give that a try. Thank you!