Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Way to Publish so .com versus .com/index.htm can be used?

I'm confused. How do I access "style" to change the top setting?

Our dogs love to hunt. My husband has put Master Hunter titles on a couple of them and lower hunt titles on others. He loves it. I just go along for the hikes.

Default Home page not at top of screen

Here's my xar file. I cannot figure out how to fix this. I did try typing the html code Acorn suggested: <style>#xr_xr {top:-500px;} in the Header area, and that did put the Home page at the top of the screen until you click the nav bar. Then the center of all other pages are at the top of the screen.

I'm hoping I don't have to re-create my site.

Appreciate your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Home page not at top of screen

Are these landsman dogs?

Looking at your file, I see that the large photo extends well past the top of the page. And so the page in the browser appears to be starting at the top of the photo. Also, you are using a non-standard font. This should appear OK in most browsers but not always. Might be best to convert to editable shapes or just Group the text that uses this font which will force it to publish as a bitmap.

I think the site as it is now is fine. You see the water dog but also a bit of the header and nav bar. Most people will scroll down through the site.

You've set the page origin to start at 550px. It's only wrong on the index page.

Drag the cross hairs to the top of the page content to reset it to 0,0.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reset-page-origin.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	119688  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    You've set the page origin to start at 550px. It's only wrong on the index page.
    Drag the cross hairs to the top of the page content to reset it to 0,0.
    Egg, thank you. That was my assumption but I couldn't confirm without the XAR file.

Happy Hogmanay,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

And Happy New Year to one and all.

Here's a corrected page (only index). I've also moved the dog so he/she appears on the background image as the page content hid him/her previously.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Getting back to the original request, you would need to have access to .htaccess file on your ISP's server to modify it to change the presentation of the Address Bar URL to hide the page link.
    It is quite codey so search for .htaccess and pretty URL to see what I mean.

Acorn

P.S. Never name your design file Index.xar; it is far, far too confusing as the next design file will overwrite it when you do it for a second time.The design file should mean something for the site you are building.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You are great, Egg! My page finally looks normal and I appreciate your help (everyone's help) so much.

There is so much to learn, but I am a quick study; and people like all of you make it easier!