Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need Help Publishing Website

9 days ago I submitted a technical support email. I have confirmed with our web hosting company that the info I submitted is correct and he verified that my IP address is not blocked.

I cannot publish. It gives me an FTP login error.

I noticed on my ticket, that the priority is "High," but it has been 9 days. Can anyone else help me or is there a phone # I can call?

Default Re: Need Help Publishing Website

Should have said that I don't mind paying for assistance, so if there is a paid xara support phone number, I would appreciate that. Once I get the publishing info correct, I'm sure it will remain that way.

Try Filezilla https://filezilla-project.org/

Publish your site to a folder on your desktop.

Open the folder and double click on the index file and make sure the site is working.

If so,

Connect to your web host with Filezilla all the files and folders (except the one created on your desktop) to the appropriate directory on your web host's servers.

No charge. :-)

Do I export as html and then drag all html files into a folder or exactly how do I do what you recommend (by the way, I truly do appreciate the time you have taken to respond to my newby questions).

I tried exporting html files, then connecting using FileZilla. My computer blocked it saying an attempt to install malicious software was detected. Is there a safer program to use?

File > Export Website... then browser to the folder on your desktop.

Xara is a small company and most take the holiday off so you probably will not hear back until Tuesday.

My screen shot show the contents of my wife's website exported to a folder on my desktop. So all of these files and folders get uploaded to your root directory. In my case the sub-folder is called public_html

By default your index page will export as index.htm. I prefer index.html but it really does not make a difference.

If the browser goes to yourwebsite.com and finds an index.htm page in the root directory then it automatically loads this file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	files.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	119675  

Quote Originally Posted by DesignSponge View Post
    I tried exporting html files, then connecting using FileZilla. My computer blocked it saying an attempt to install malicious software was detected. Is there a safer program to use?
    Filezilla isn't malicious software nor are Xara products so I would suggest exporting locally as Gary shows then check out any dubious files and in the index_html_files folder. Are you using 3rd party apps for instance?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

There is a malware version of Filezilla but the link I provided should be OK as long as you download the application from that site.

I just downloaded and Malwarebytes blocked the installation. Malware flagged a file fusion.dll and recommended deleting that file. I did and the install went fine after that.

I have been using CuteFTP for years but I rarely need it. You can download a free trial version here https://www.globalscape.com/cuteftp

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I think it is working. Thank you soooo much!