Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Video control

Default Video control

The current method of doing video by Flash seems antiquated now and Flash is dying a death anyway but if anyone knows how to integrate Video.JS or similar, I'd love to give it a try.
    Maybe the next edition of Xara will allow video.js

Anyway, for now, working in Flash, I have a problem I need sorted. I have embedded a few video frames and I need to know how to make them start when the frame comes into view, then stop when it goes out of view.

The one I have as a main video frame autostarts on the loading of the page even though the frame isn't in view until the page is scrolled down a fair bit. I need it to hold back until then.

Then I need it to stop when the frame goes out of view.
    Any ideas fellas. HTML Code suggestions to put in the body, or any other script that will do the job.

Default Re: Video control

I imagine Siran, Egg, or Acorn will have some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I imagine Siran, Egg, or Acorn will have some ideas.
    I would need to see the current code as I don't use Flash.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I found a site which had an embedded video and more or less copied the code. Then I just pointed to the source.
    I tried several variations, inserted other code and messed around with other code which should have done the job I wanted but didn't.
    The original Body HTML code used with a placeholder was:
    <iframe name="iframe2" iframe width="550" height="308" src="http://www.thebridesmother.co.uk/media/presentation.mp4" frameborder-"3"
    gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen
    <"autoplay"="0">
    </iframe>
    Last edited by Acorn; 28 December 2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Tidied up some misaligned red colouring

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnzer View Post
    I found a site which had an embedded video and more or less copied the code. Then I just pointed to the source.
    I tried several variations, inserted other code and messed around with other code which should have done the job I wanted but didn't.
    The original Body HTML code used with a placeholder was:
    <iframe name="iframe2" iframe width="550" height="308" src="http://www.thebridesmother.co.uk/media/presentation.mp4" frameborder-"3"
    gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen
    <"autoplay"="0">
    </iframe>
    Lynnzer, the has no Flash so I am more comfortable.

The solution will be messy and would be a mash-up of ideas here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...y-when-visible.
    It would have to work across browsers and i have no idea what to to currently if two videos are fully in view at the same time.

It is not a challenge I would like to work on at the moment.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat