Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Animation In/Out Effects

I love how easy it is to create reveal animations for objects, but I was wondering if there's a way to do a reverse reveal.

For example, when scrolling down a page, an object reveals near the bottom edge of the site. Then, when it's about to leave the visible area near the top of the page, the object performs a counter reveal. This effect would be useful for fades (fade-in/fade-out) as well as motion effects (fly-in/fly-out).

Has anyone created something like this? I thought, perhaps it could be accomplished by placing trigger objects at certain points along the outside of the visible area of the site, but there aren't any pre-built effects for reverse actions in the animation dialog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Animation In/Out Effects

You can fake it. Have the current objects set to fade out revealing what you want to replace them with underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can fake it. Have the current objects set to fade out revealing what you want to replace them with underneath.
    Hi, Gary. Yes, this works with fades, but I can't think of a way to perform, say, a slide-in/slide-out of an image.

Hmm? Yes. Xara really needs to have out animation effects. This is my main gripe. We get these new tools and features, but then the features get overlooked in favor of the next shiny object instead of improving the functionality of the added features. This is a prime example.
    Attached Files Attached Files