Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Video file linking/uploading?

Hi, I am using WD11p and would like to include a video on our website, but this is something I haven't done before? One of the video files is very large (5gb) and has been saved by a friend, using OneDrive, which I also haven't used before. I use Windows 10 which originally wouldn't play the file until I downloaded and installed VLC software which apparently did have the appropriate codecs for the file which now plays ok. The friend added that our website host server would not be suitable/fast enough (?) to play the file and that I should instead, put a link to the OneDrive file as that server would be much faster? Anyway, I am stuck at this point, any clues how best to get this file onto our website would be appreciated... Thanks (advance apologies for any incorrect terminology, etc (-: ), Roger.... Edit: ps: I possibly should have mentioned that the video files in question have ".mov" extensions.
    Last edited by rikkoshea; 29 December 2017 at 05:00 AM. Reason: extra information

Default Re: Video file linking/uploading?

I am not sure about this, Egg on one of the more video adept members will probably know, but I think the best plan is to upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo, then insert the Embed code in a placeholder. Adding a file this size to your website will probably take a long time to play and slow everything down.

Default Re: Video file linking/uploading?

Hi Rikkoshea,

Firstly I'd go along with Gary's suggestion and upload it to YouTube. I've done a test and YouTube will upload .mov files but it might be better converting it to an .mp4 file before uploading. You can do this at for free at https://movtomp4.online/ .

Once uploaded to YouTube you can create an iframe in Xara and insert the embed code for your video that YouTube generates.

Here's an example code. Create a rectangle in Xara, then Web Properties / Placeholder / HTML Body Code / Paste code below. Okay / Apply. Preview.:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oy8KKhxf1nI?rel=0" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host