Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XP&GD 15 - drag and drop issues

Hi everyone, longtime xara user. I happened to find the newest version , I had been using xara 7.
    I am having an issue with dragging and dropping files from my email software (mailcopa) into xara. I use it at work and the files are attachments and with xara 7 I can easily drag and drop them, but with the latest, the screen just blinks and no picture loads. So I tried to right click and choose "open with" and chose xara 15, and it loads the file. I am confused, as to why it is not allowing me to drag and drop the file. It works fine in ver 7, so I am wondering if the drag and drop options are broken on the newest version?

I use xara all day at work and now I have to workaround by dragging the files to folders and then dragging them into the software. It is specific to each email, the way our system works and can get easily complex.... Any ideas how I could fix this?

Thanks!
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: XP&GD 15 - drag and drop issues

Ron,

I have never been able to drag and drop from Email, it may have something to do with the type of Email program. Can you drag and drop a file from your hard drive and have it open?

Ray

Yes, it allows that. I also can right click the file within the email software and choose "open with" and it will load the file. So I am a little confused as to what is happening. Again I can drag and drop it from the same software in to xara 7...

I have a workaround just having a temporary folder next to the software but if anyone can help whittle this issue down would be appreciated!

RonC
    Ron Cavagnaro

I had this issue with TotalComander and XDP X.
    The problem is not Xara the problem is Windows. If You running a 64-bit OS and Xara 64 and try to drop an image from Your Mail Client, which is 32-bit, Windows does not support it.
    This was my problem with TotalComander. I run the 32-bit version. After I try the 64-bit version of TotalCommander it works. The same with XnView. I changed it for the 64-bit version called XnView MP and dropping works.

BTW: Xara 7 is a 32-bit program so it works with Your Mail Client.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    I had this issue with TotalComander and XDP X.
    The problem is not Xara the problem is Windows. If You running a 64-bit OS and Xara 64 and try to drop an image from Your Mail Client, which is 32-bit, Windows does not support it.
    This was my problem with TotalComander. I run the 32-bit version. After I try the 64-bit version of TotalCommander it works. The same with XnView. I changed it for the 64-bit version called XnView MP and dropping works.

BTW: Xara 7 is a 32-bit program so it works with Your Mail Client.
    Thank you for this info. I had suspected this. Appreciated!
    Ron Cavagnaro

You welcomme.

You guys are fantastic. Installed the 32 bit version, works perfectly! Thank you so much!
    Ron Cavagnaro