Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Missing emboldening and dates from pasting doc and html files into Xara

I have Designer Pro11 Windows 10 64 bit. I am trying to copy an html (History8a which I cannot download here) file and paste it into a new web page 960px XGA. When I view on the internet the html shows dates enboldened but not when I paste it in. I have saved the html file as doc (Historypart.doc) but when I copy and paste in the dates are missing? Xara has crashed twice while doing this. Any clues?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Missing emboldening and dates from pasting doc and html files into Xara

Quote Originally Posted by Emmo View Post
    I have Designer Pro11 Windows 10 64 bit. I am trying to copy an html (History8a which I cannot download here) file and paste it into a new web page 960px XGA. When I view on the internet the html shows dates enboldened but not when I paste it in. I have saved the html file as doc (Historypart.doc) but when I copy and paste in the dates are missing? Xara has crashed twice while doing this. Any clues?
    Emmo, I chose an A4 1-column design page, just for the Import; it saves destroying your main site design.
    I copied the Word document.
    I went to the Text tool and pasted as Rich Text Format.

It correctly picked up the 4 fonts, the 5 hyperlinks and all the Strong (bold) styles you used.

I too get a Xara crash when pasting HTML Text - another Xara fail, which has been around and reported for quite a time.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Missing emboldening and dates from pasting doc and html files into Xara

The trick as Acorn shows is to import as RTF which retains the formatting and all.

Thanks Acorn, Gary. I couldn't see how go to the Text tool and paste as Rich Text Format and I had to download a File Format Converter from Microsoft and then imported via File - import which did the trick but as the file was rather long it froze the PC for ten minutes. Annoying how you can copy and paste from webpages into Open Office and retain formatting though not weblink, or at least when I trie

Copy the text to the clipboard.

Right click on the page and select Paste. From the pop-up menu, select Paste Rich Text Format

Or Import the document- Xara can import Word .doc and .docx and RTF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Import.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	119657