Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is the v15 equivalent to "darken" in transparency tool?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you are right mike - they will appear in a fiie that contains them already, that is how we preserved them [in a template] before the registry fix was promulgated [but I also have not tried that in ver 15]

and sure the adobe transparencies are good for compatibility, but the old ones should not have been removed, it took away something that was special to xara, and why?.. simply beacause Xara thinks it would make the program too complictaed for those who cannot be bothered to learn it properly the snowflake gerenration...?
    Totally, agree. If Xara want to be HTML5 compliant, then by all means impose the W3C changes on Web documents, not across Print documents as well as, well, they are for printing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Darken can also be accomplished using the Brightness Levels Dialog (Photo Tool fly-out)

You can also make a clone of an image and apply flat Multiply transparency then back of the slider until the image is how you want it.

Personally, I have used the Registry tweak to restore the old transparency methods.

If you are worried about support for these transparency types, then Create a Bitmap Copy and use the copy.

thanks Gary

isn't it a bit strange that a company that is pushing presets by the bucket load in online catalogue takes away presets in the transparency...... oh wait.. of course, you have to keep paying to use the OC,... silly me

First, agree about taking things away.

As regards print, most all, maybe all, of the post-change transparency choices can survive as vector in a pdf...maybe. I have not tried them all and am not at a computer right now. Not that vector as vector is always important and certainly there are other constructs where there is not that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Darken can also be accomplished using the Brightness Levels Dialog (Photo Tool fly-out)

You can also make a clone of an image and apply flat Multiply transparency then back of the slider until the image is how you want it.

Personally, I have used the Registry tweak to restore the old transparency methods.

If you are worried about support for these transparency types, then Create a Bitmap Copy and use the copy.
    I meant the darken transparency option. The brightness levels is not what I wanted. I figured out I could use multiply and turn off all color saturation, but I prefer the darken transparency option. Thanks everyone for the help!!!
    Ron Cavagnaro

I meant the darken transparency option. The brightness levels is not what I wanted. I figured out I could use multiply and turn off all color saturation, but I prefer the darken transparency option. Thanks everyone for the help!!!
    Then use the Registry tweak. This adds all the old transparency types in with the current. I would be lost without Brightness myself.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Then use the Registry tweak. This adds all the old transparency types in with the current. I would be lost without Brightness myself.
    Thank you everyone for explaining this. You have all made my work day much easier !
    Ron Cavagnaro

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you can put the old transparencies back by editing the registry - change [modify] ShowLegacyTransparencyTypes to value 1
    That is brilliant, thanks for it

- one of the nice things Phil and the guys at Xara did to help those of us who still required the old transparencies - I think they should be in the UI, like the option to revert to 'classic' key shortcuts... I think that of a lot of registry fixes, eg killing the totally inane [if you are not building websites / using photos] message about your image import beimg better converted to a jpeg... don't see it happening anytime soon though

edit - yes there is a turn off info popups, but that is all or nothing.. turn them all off you then have no option but to turn them all on again how useful is that? ...