Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Have you used Adobe Muse

I like to hear who has used adobe muse and how do you compare it to xara web designer?

Default Re: Have you used Adobe Muse

Hey

Not been here for a while and when I come back the first thread I see is this. I used to use xara webdesigner extensively, with problably 200+ sites designed with it; from simple static sites to ecommerce sites. However I moved away once adobe started offering true responsive design with muse and widgets numbering in the 100s for everything from ecommerce and blogs to full blown cms options (have designed around 50 sites with it so far. There is even a widget which allows you to design in muse and then import into wordpress, allowing one to use pretty much all the plugins that a standard wordpress site can use including woocommerce. Obviously because it is from adobe the community using the software is huge so a problem is quickly resolved using the community without having to resort to asking adobe support.

And support is where the problem comes in; though it is a large community adobe do not give muse the development budget or prominence that illustrator, photoshop or the other main programs get (obviously) and recently adobe has moved support and development to india and unfortunately the result is that nothing major has been released in terms of development and adobe is happy to leave the forward push of the programs abilities to the many widget developers out there.

However having said all that the program cannot be touched in terms of speed of development and the capabilities of the third party widgets means that no other desktop program gets close. Also be aware that wordpress is due a major update soon which will make it a direct competitor to desktop wysiwyg software such as xara webdesigner and adobe muse.

Another point is that because of the functionality of muse with it's third party widgets means that once you are good at it and are creating great site then the price you can charge is quite substantial in comparison with webdesigner; of course that does not mean that you can start charging double just because you are now using muse, just produce lots of good work and charge what you think you are worth.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

That was very informative, thank you for your input. The wordpress subject is also appealing and something to look forward to. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I like to hear who has used adobe muse and how do you compare it to xara web designer?
    One of the reasons I switch to do web things in Muse. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...rowser-Editing

My condolences to all that used Muse, please do come back to Xara