Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Disappearing link

Hello,
    I'm new to Xara Web Designer Pro 14, and I've encountered a bit of a problem.
    I'm trying to make a sidebar for links to things like my Patreon and Ko-Fi, and while the Patreon link worked, any image or text I use to link to the Ko-Fi just disappears altogether. I can see it in the editor, but it's just gone when I go to the website preview.
    I've seen guides say it might be on the wrong layer, but I don't even know how to check what layer it's on, what layer I should move it to, or how to move it. I've tried pushing the graphic to the front with arrange, and that still didn't work.
    Any suggestions?

EDIT:
    The problem appears to be with the box I'm placing the graphic on. For some reason now, any extra text I place over the box just disappears in preview mode. I'm just going to remake the widget from scratch, but it'd still be helpful to know how this happened..!

Solution found!
    It turns out that the graphic was too far from the outer perimeter of the page. Oops.
    Last edited by CryptPatrol; 21 December 2017 at 11:20 PM.

Default Re: Disappearing link

Welcome to TalkGraphics

It sounds like some of your images might not be on the MouseOff layer.

Go into the Page & Layer Gallery and click the S icon on the right side of the MouseOff layer. This isolates only objects that are on this layer.

If you image is there, then recheck and make sure you have actually linked the way you want.

A very common error for all users is to add a link and then to forget to click Apply.

Thanks for the reply!
    I tried checking to see if the graphic was on the MouseOff layer, and it was.
    I thought the link might have been the problem, but I tried it out with another working link on my site and the graphic still disappears. I definitely made sure to click apply, too. ;p

Ah, hold on, I think the problem isn't with the graphic itself, it's the box I was putting it over.. Because the graphic works fine when it's not on the box. Then I wonder what the issue with the box is?

Any chance you can upload the page (.web or .xar file)? It is easier for us to see what is going on if we can see the file.

I ended up getting it handled. The image was just too far off the page.