Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with smart photo grids in V15

Apologies for the long story in advance...

Back in early July (I think) I posted about smart photo grids losing the order of the pics when set as a pop up when you have more than I variant - tried to find the post but "My Activity" only goes back one month?

I logged a ticket with xara support and in August I was informed that they had fixed the problem and that it was awaiting release as a patch. Between now and then, no update for v12 was released.

I downloaded a trial of v15 to see if it was fixed and due to personal circumstances, never got round to seeing if it worked before the trial expired. I then registered to have the trial extended for a further 8 days.
    Went to local designs gallery and tried to download "Smart Photo Grid 1" but it was greyed out!!!

So can one kind soul who has v15 please help me with the following -
    New document - drag Smart Photo Grid 1 onto page.
    Add a new row at the bottom and drag 4 pics into the grid.
    Then rearrange some of the pics in the grid.
    Set grid as a pop up.
    Preview - the order of the pics is correct when you click on them and go forward or back using the gallery controls.
    Create a mobile variant.
    Preview - the mobile variant pic order is correct. Close the pop up. Make preview full screen - click on a pic - the order is now completely random.

I wrote to xara support to ask where the patch for WDP 12.6.2 was and the reply was that it has been fixed in v15.
    Rather pees me off that they won't release the fix for v12 and are going to make me pay for an upgrade.

Many thanks in advance,
    LGF

Default Re: Help with smart photo grids in V15

Hi LGF

Photo Grid's work even worse in 15 than they did in 12. Mine keep loosing the Pop-Up capability.

Moving a photo in one variant doesn't move it in the other, as you requested.

And there's been no Add to Top feature added.

HERE'S your original post I believe.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Help with smart photo grids in V15

Thanks for the response Egg.
    So are you saying that if you create a grid in the main variant then add a row of pics and change the order, and then create a mobile variant, the pics display in the correct (visual) order in both variants?
    Regarding the "improvement" - this is really disappointing......