Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Issue with bitmaps in DPX15

I use any tool to copy part of a bitmap to the clipboard. Then I paste that to another area of the photo. When I resize that copied part, the copied part reverts to the entire image that is was copied from. The entire image remains after I have resized.

This seems like a bug that made it paste the beta test phase.

Is anyone else experiencing this.

PS. I also no longer stretch a bitmap in one direction only. In fact, I cannot even enable scale mode. Bitmaps only have the blue "smart" handles.
    IP

Default Re: Issue with bitmaps in DPX15

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    I use any tool to copy part of a bitmap to the clipboard. Then I paste that to another area of the photo. When I resize that copied part, the copied part reverts to the entire image that is was copied from. The entire image remains after I have resized.
    This seems like a bug that made it paste the beta test phase.
    Is anyone else experiencing this.
    PS. I also no longer stretch a bitmap in one direction only. In fact, I cannot even enable scale mode. Bitmaps only have the blue "smart" handles.
    I think this has all been covered here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...les-is-changed!.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

That's all fine and dandy, but sometimes I like to squash an image in one direction only. I usually do this after I have copied part of an image to cover part of another. Holding down ALT while dragging a side handle has no effect. Changing "Lock aspect ratio" has no effect either
    IP

is your issue linked to that discussed in this thread at post #24 ?
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-resizing-font
    IP

Looks like it is. Looks like squashing any object does not work as in previous versions

Now I am regretting upgrading to 15. I should have kept 12. How on earth this passed the beta phase is beyond me...
    IP

back in the day it used to be a sort of joke that final beta testing was done on TG... it is getting less funny as this sort of thing repeats itself...
    IP

I've decided to revert to DPX12 until this bug (I hope this isn't a feature) is resolved. I squash stuff (text and bitmaps) all the time and this bug makes DPX15 unusable for my purposes. I guess I'll be watching this space.
    IP

in xara all 'bitmaps' are actually filled vector shapes - I'm guessing something has gone wrong with the container routines/protocols here and so the fill is not behaving as expected

the text can be fixed by editing the registry as mentioned in other thread

me I'm srticking to ver 12 also... always was, all the new stuff is web or fluff...
    IP

I got a response from Xara support. They say it's "intentional change to prevent a lot of accidental distortion / stretching of images". They are looking for a registry key that allows this distortion / stretching of images back.

I suggested using the ALT key while dragging a side handle to allow temporary distortion / stretching of images.

We'll see what happens.

I reinstalled DPX15 (alongside DPX12) so I can test any solutions Xara support come up with.

Seriously, if Xara do not come up with something, version 12 may well be my last version of Designer Pro.
    IP

thaanks for that... words fail me...
    IP