Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Home Page not at Top of Page

When I export to view my supersite, the top of the home page starts about an inch from the bottom of the screen, so you have to scroll down to even see nav bars, etc. I do have an image for a pasteboard background and I am not sure if that is causing the problem.

How can I fix it so the top of the home page will be at the top of the screen? (Designer Pro X12)

Thanking you in advance for any help you can offer.

Default Re: Home Page not at Top of Page

Often an attached web or xar file can make it far easier for members to help. Any chance of one?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Now that I was able to get my website uploaded, I can show you all the problem. Go to http://harmonyhuntingpudels.com/index.htm. When I added the photo as a pasteboard background, the Home page was no longer at the top of the screen. How can I solve that. I really like having the water and reeds in the background. Don't care if the retrieving dog is shown (and most the time, he isn't because the pages cover him).

Any help to get my home page back at the top of the screen is appreciated.

Often an attached web or xar file can make it far easier for members to help.
    All I can see is the problem. I'd need the web or xar file to say what's causing it, otherwise I'd just be guessing.

EDIT: Gary's pointed me in the right direction..... another thread.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 31 December 2017 at 01:44 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg - This thread has spread to several different threads. Here's a link to the .xar file https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...187#post586187

Cheers for the heads-up Gary. The index file had the content offset down by 550px. It just needed resetting to 0,0
    Egg

How do I do that?

Info Re: Home Page not at Top of Page

Quote Originally Posted by DesignSponge View Post
    How do I do that?
    Possibly the safest for you is to go to the Page Options and select the Grid and Ruler tab.
    Under Origin, set the X-value to 0.

At some point, you may have had the Ruler showing and clicked and dragged the origin (Top Left - crosshairs).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat