Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: XPGD 15 - Major error - resizing font

no that is something else.. this thread is for the text issue.. at least to begin with

I performed the registry change and after rebooting it cleared up the font issue.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    no that is something else.. this thread is for the text issue.. at least to begin with
    For images, I used the Fill Tool and Ctrl+Shift to squish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, Acorn that works for making a bitmap smaller in its vector container. It doesn't immediately work if making it larger. Plus the container is no longer sized for the bitmap.

It would be nice for it to simply be fixed for those needing to alter a bitmap aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Yes, Acorn that works for making a bitmap smaller in its vector container. It doesn't immediately work if making it larger. Plus the container is no longer sized for the bitmap.
    It would be nice for it to simply be fixed for those needing to alter a bitmap aspect.
    Agreed Mike, Xara/Magix have taken their eye well and truly off the ball this round. I've never seen such a buggy release.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

lets hypothosise

lets say xara are still in charge of development but magix, now in charge of distribution, are in charge of compiling the .EXE packages... and they did not do a very good job on this occasion..

beta testers or compilers... they are not looking good at this point

lets hypothosise
    lets say xara are still in charge of development but magix, now in charge of distribution, are in charge of compiling the .EXE packages... and they did not do a very good job on this occasion..
    It might be down to all the forks needed to spew out fragmented applications. Make it two: top end with XDPX; cheaper less PDF and pantone colours...
    As example, Page and Layout Designer doesn't have Open Type Ligature Support, which is barking. Having a cut-down XDPX for DTP, graphics and web would entice more to upgrade to the bigger version.

Acorn

lets hypothosise

As far as I know, there wasn't external beta testers involved in v.15

Whether or not these things would have also been missed by external beta testers is a different question. The white background for a page in a PDF was certainly missed in v.12...or it crept in on a later dot release which traditionally is not externally beta tested. I cannot recall that issue when v.12 was first released. And I didn't have certain text issues with exported PDFs.

Also, traditionally, even external beta testing is a short period with Xara products. I began alpha testing another product in November and it will go to early closed beta testing in late January or early February and (hopefully) to wider beta testing in March. It is scheduled for general release in June. They take this stuff a bit more seriously. Even so, there will be bugs and likely unintended consequences found after general release.

The current release version of this product has had 4 releases since launch and will receive one more in January of 2018. Those 4 releases were bug fixes and enhancements to existing features.

Another application I use has an average major update cycle of 1.4 years. Since its last major version, there have been 4 dot releases. Those 4 dot releases have seen roughly 210 bug fixes & improvements...but mostly new capabilities. This application has a team of exactly 2 programmers. Also, during this time, those 2 people have been working on the next major release. Aside from the few bug fixes that will be included in the next release, this application will have 20 or so improvements and several new features. The main big new feature is the ability to use one or more scripting or programming languages (the list is impressive) and these capabilities can be used to both control the application, but to also actually build one's own plug-ins that can then be freely given to the community or sold. We cannot even get the sparse JavaScript API document from Xara...

proof is in the pudding as served....

I am just glad I no longner need to buy from this menu

I personally suspect this odd behavior is down to the new auto-resize feature. Whatever, it's a dogs dinner & Xara's/Magix's silence on this matter is deafening.

We cannot even get the sparse JavaScript API document from Xara...
    Promised for getting onto 2 years now Mike?

The company is loosing the plot!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host