Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: XPGD 15 - Major error - resizing font

Ron,

If you go to https://support.xara.com and log in, you can submit a ticket to support. This way Xara is directly notified of a problem and I think it would have a better chance of being address.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    I think for the future it is better to choose an other software and let go Xara/Magix where they will go...
    I have and use AD (among other vector design software). But like Ron, XDP is still (normally) my first choice. But v.15 & somewhat v.12 simply are not fit for purpose—certainly not my purpose. So this year's advertising I do for clients was all done in AD.

I don't find AD as speedy to design with. It does, however, have (along with CorelDraw) the best OT Feature support available. And much of what I do all revolves around fonts (though unlike this thread, I rarely distort a font) and PDFs for placing in other software. The ads I do this time of year are supplied as PDFs and so unlike last year where I did the majority in XDP and some in AD, I did them all in AD this go round.

If Xara products are going to have a future in design & print, both XDP's capabilities and price need altering. Else Xara needs to extend P&GD's print/design capabilities to equal XDP's completely. They also need to fix stupid, forever-lasting issues, past and current bugs, add features ad nauseam.

And they need to do it in a hurry. None of this trickle-down and be satisfied with what we give you crapola.

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Ron,

If you go to https://support.xara.com and log in, you can submit a ticket to support. This way Xara is directly notified of a problem and I think it would have a better chance of being address.

Ray
    Okayyyy well now I can't log in because i click "forgot password" then it asks to log in to my magix account. Then I go back and it still says to log in, so I use the same password and it doesn't work. Any help on what to do from here?

(Sheez, website!)
    Ron Cavagnaro

click 'lost password' - it will email you instructions - if you didn't use same email an no longer have access to it I think you have to contact magix direct by phone... or maybe someone like Gary P or Rob will pick it up here
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

BTW Xara have logged this stretching issue as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    BTW Xara have logged this stretching issue as a bug.
    thanks! I wish I could log in to report this stuff on the site...

So if they fix this will I have to pay for the update ? Thanks!
    Ron Cavagnaro

If you have the "update service" then it will be free.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    If you have the "update service" then it will be free.
    How do I know if i have it or not? I bought the upgrade from the humble bundle. It would be pretty ridiculous to have to pay money to have a normal operation of the standard functions that I already have in Xara 7....... I hope I can upgrade for free if the bug fix comes out. Thanks!

Also I can't seem to log in to xara for reporting bugs. It redirects me to magix, and then asks for my magix account, I put it in, and then it goes back to the xara support page without it logged in....?
    Ron Cavagnaro

Ron,

As I understand since V12 so it should still apply to V15, they are only sold with the upgrade service. No other option available.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Ron,

As I understand since V12 so it should still apply to V15, they are only sold with the upgrade service. No other option available.

Ray
    interesting. So is there a way to see if I am signed in to the upgrade service? It kind of blows my mind that I would have to pay for a bug for functions that should already be functioning properly.....
    Ron Cavagnaro