Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default XPGD 15 - Major error - resizing font

more math errors appear to be coming up now.

1. create some text
    2. press f2, drag top and/or bottom handles, it scales by ratio (as if we are using corners) before we could use it to "smush" text
    3. turn off lock aspect ratio
    4. drag top or bottom handles, and ... the font moves UP or DOWN???

I really use this software a lot and seeing this almost makes me want to downgrade back to xara 7 which operated properly....

Can these errors be fixed, or am I missing out on some workflow changes?
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: XPGD 15 - Major error - resizing font

Don't you still have version 12? It's one of the most stable versions Xara ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    more math errors appear to be coming up now.

1. create some text
    2. press f2, drag top and/or bottom handles, it scales by ratio (as if we are using corners) before we could use it to "smush" text
    3. turn off lock aspect ratio
    4. drag top or bottom handles, and ... the font moves UP or DOWN???

I really use this software a lot and seeing this almost makes me want to downgrade back to xara 7 which operated properly....

Can these errors be fixed, or am I missing out on some workflow changes?
    The same here. Video: http://www.franta-net.de/text v15-v12/index.htm

Neat bug.

I guess there is a reason I am not using v.15 for production. Well, and not 12 because of the PDF bug(s).

I think v.9 was the best version I used. Gonna have to reinstall that if I want to use XDP. Oh, I think I have v.11 installed on the laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Neat bug.

I guess there is a reason I am not using v.15 for production. Well, and not 12 because of the PDF bug(s).

I think v.9 was the best version I used. Gonna have to reinstall that if I want to use XDP. Oh, I think I have v.11 installed on the laptop...
    I think for the future it is better to choose an other software and let go Xara/Magix where they will go. The bugs we find in v15 are the best sign to change things. I'll never pay for scrap that what v15 definitively is.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    I think for the future it is better to choose an other software and let go Xara/Magix where they will go. The bugs we find in v15 are the best sign to change things. I'll never pay for scrap that what v15 definitively is.
    I use xara way too much to abandon it. It is by far the most rapid graphics program I've used for exactly what I use it for in my full time job.
    I just need these simple math bugs fixed.
    Ron Cavagnaro

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Don't you still have version 12? It's one of the most stable versions Xara ever released.
    No I only have 7 , I had not needed anything and then I saw the humble bundle ver 15 and got it because it was 20 bucks
    Ron Cavagnaro

I checked in V11 and V12 and it works correct for what Ron wants it to do. V15 does not. It works for shapes but not for text.

You should report as a bug.
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    I checked in V11 and V12 and it works correct for what Ron wants it to do. V15 does not. It works for shapes but not for text.

You should report as a bug.
    Ray
    Im sorry should I post my bug reports somewhere specific? Thanks!
    Ron Cavagnaro

Hi Ron--in the Dear Xara forum. Yeah, stupid name for a bug report. Just think of it as pleading "Oh, gawd, Dear Xara, please oh please fix this bug..."

Mike