Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: XPGD 15 - Major error - resizing font

apparrently in respect of images anyway, it's deliberate: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...830#post585830

as in: "intentional change to prevent a lot of accidental distortion / stretching of images"

now a company that cared about users who actually know what they are doing, would have made this optional from the off - default not to squish I could just about accept, but how could they not appreciate how useful this is to many.. a program that once prided itself in its flexibility and multiplicity of feature is reduced to this?

I hope the promised new registry fix comes soon - I cannot beleive they could be so arrogant

Okay so I made the change in the non pro version and its still not letting me smush the text... Any ideas?

edit - actually it only works when I disable the lock aspect ratio. Okay at least that works!
    Ron Cavagnaro

yes you have to do that [unfortunately]

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok - to get the behaviour in version 15 back to how it should be you need to make a registry change - at least it worked for me
    for photo and graphic designer that would be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Xtreme x64\15\Options\Dragging

find the EnableGroupSquash key and change it's value from 0 to 1
    This doesn't work here. Not even with groups of bitmaps (where the new behavior becomes REALLY irritating, and useless).

that registry fix at post #36 is for text, not bitmaps; that will become clear if you read through to post #41

there is an issue in ver 15 with squishing both, and this thread started off discussing the text issue and then moved on to the bitmaps

there is no equivalent fix for bitmaps that I know of

Ah, I see, thank you

I'm having great difficulty believing that no-one from MAGIX/XARA is commenting on this. It's NOT a bug, as I believe it was done deliberately to make the WEB DESIGNERS job's easier. It seems that MAGIX/XARA are of the opinion that this software is primarily for people who want to design web sites, and pictures should NEVER be smushed/squashed or ever distorted in any way.

In my opinion this software is rapidly losing it's right to call itself either DESIGNER or PRO. I can see a use for this feature in many instances. However, it seems ridiculous (as Steve said earlier) that it doesn't come with a huge ON/OFF switch, which is what I would expect the DELIBERATELY designed Aspect ratio LOCK on the INFOBAR to do. One thing that always bothered me about that lock, is that it only worked on corners. So I was always careful to edit only by corners. Making it work on all eight points instead of locking the aspect ratio permanently would have done virtually the same thing without destroying the MASSIVE FUNCTIONALITY of DELIBERATELY TURNING IT OFF!

Sorry ... the more I type, the angrier I'm getting. As far as I can see my "upgrade" from Version 10 (which to be honest, I said I wouldn't do as I DON'T EVER want subscription software), has been a COMPLETE waste of money.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Wink Re: XPGD 15 - Major error - resizing font

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I'm having great difficulty believing that no-one from MAGIX/XARA is commenting on this. It's NOT a bug, as I believe it was done deliberately to make the WEB DESIGNERS job's easier. It seems that MAGIX/XARA are of the opinion that this software is primarily for people who want to design web sites, and pictures should NEVER be smushed/squashed or ever distorted in any way.

In my opinion this software is rapidly losing it's right to call itself either DESIGNER or PRO. I can see a use for this feature in many instances. However, it seems ridiculous (as Steve said earlier) that it doesn't come with a huge ON/OFF switch, which is what I would expect the DELIBERATELY designed Aspect ratio LOCK on the INFOBAR to do. One thing that always bothered me about that lock, is that it only worked on corners. So I was always careful to edit only by corners. Making it work on all eight points instead of locking the aspect ratio permanently would have done virtually the same thing without destroying the MASSIVE FUNCTIONALITY of DELIBERATELY TURNING IT OFF!

Sorry ... the more I type, the angrier I'm getting. As far as I can see my "upgrade" from Version 10 (which to be honest, I said I wouldn't do as I DON'T EVER want subscription software), has been a COMPLETE waste of money.
    Can I too make an impassioned plea to all 30,998 TG Members?

Please, please vote in this POLL.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Was just playing around with this 'new' feature of 15.

Make sure aspect ratio is off on the toolbar.

You can use the mould tool on text. And pick Default Envelope.

Click on one top corner... Then hold Shift + Alt and click on the other top corner.

Now drag the corners holding the Control key... Your text stretches!

You can edit the text by right clicking and choosing Open Mould

When saving text updates!

I do prefer the old way better though lol
    Last edited by dutchim; 22 March 2018 at 12:50 AM.