Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: XPGD 15 - Major error - resizing font

did you try re-setting your password?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    did you try re-setting your password?
    Yes I described what happened when I clicked on "forgot password" I can type it out again . I click forgot password so it brings me to the magix login, which I put my email and password, and then it goes back to the xara support page and still asks for the name and username... the magix user/pwd does not work. Is there a way to figure this out? Just confused.
    Ron Cavagnaro

that should not happen - perhaps if you went first to the magix account and tried their 'I forgot my password' link it might work better.. but it is dependant on the email address being correct and if you ever set up a separate magix account with a different one that might cause issue

as far as I know there is no rule against registering a new account with a new email address - it wont show your product, but you should be able to contact support and then get it all sorted out ...?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Oh boy the error is even deeper. I am trying to "vertically smush" a photo and it operates the same way. Did anyone test this before release? I hope so! The math is way off, it can't even function properly. To replicate

1. have photo
    2. make sure you are in Selector tool - not the photo tool - and drag the bottom handle up
    3. image is cropped and moves upward

What it should do is scale vertically the image.

I really hope that these bugs can be fixed so I don't have to load xara 7 anymore...

Since I am using this software day in and day out I really need to know when these fixes are made. I will pay if I have to, but I am astonished what broken essential, basic functions passed software testers.

No idea how to enter in to the xara account so that I can figure out if I can send through tickets. Still trying. Again, it forwards me to magix, and then I log in, and click on support again, and its back to the same log in screen. No idea I can't even set up a new account under my email....

Thanks!
    Last edited by rpc9943; 20 December 2017 at 08:33 PM.
    Ron Cavagnaro

no -you will need a different email - easy enough to get from gmail or online provider of choice..
    Nothing lasts forever...

But I don't see anywhere on that page how to create a "new account".....
    Ron Cavagnaro

ok - you mean on the support page - no, I think you need to be on one of the account pages to do this:

http://www.xara.com/us/servicecenter/
    or
    https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

option as in ' I dont have a login...'
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    I really hope that these bugs can be fixed so I don't have to load xara 7 anymore...

Since I am using this software day in and day out I really need to know when these fixes are made. I will pay if I have to, but I am astonished what broken essential, basic functions passed software testers...
    Don't worry. Just like the PDF bug that was in the last version, the next version (or two) will fix some of these bugs. It's a Service Guarantee...

But unlike the PDF bug that existed, I do hope some of this crap is taken care of before your Service Guarantee runs out. Else you'll need to re-up to get the fix(es).

I just checked versions 11 and 12 and both resize the text at fixed aspect, rather that 'squash' it - can't remember whether it was like this before or not in these versions, not something I would normally do without copy / convert to editable shapes: which does squash, but looses text editability [hence copy first]

if not, is this as a result of me installing p&g15 trial, I thought the versions worked independently... a windows thing?

I'm going to dig out version 10... ie before the way text was 'messed about with' to help the webbies by introducing 'smart resizing' or whatever it's called...
    Nothing lasts forever...

well does it in version 10 too....

will try rolling back the system, but can't do that right now...
    Nothing lasts forever...